valentines day

Options
124»

Replies

• ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    He's having oral surgery tomorrow, so he'll be heavily medicated and swollen-faced on Friday. I got him a TMNT box of chocolates, a Creepshow t-shirt (Where's my cake?!?), and a Raphael TMNT bobblehead. Probably should've just gotten him some ice packs.
  • AngieOrangy
    AngieOrangy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It is my birthday! So, I will be celebrating that mostly.
    Going to be having a nice dinner at a steakhouse with my spouse, and must include the wine and chocolate somewhere too. :)
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    He's having oral surgery tomorrow, so he'll be heavily medicated and swollen-faced on Friday. I got him a TMNT box of chocolates, a Creepshow t-shirt (Where's my cake?!?), and a Raphael TMNT bobblehead. Probably should've just gotten him some ice packs.

Ha, Sean and Ginty are buddies. When they aren't touring Sean is a bartender at one of my favourite bars in Toronto (assuming you meant the Psychobilly band and not the comic book or tv show lol)
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    can't say, she's an MFP member and it will ruin the surprise
  • Str0ng_Heart
    Options
    We had ours early.. But im surprising him with homemade chocolate covered strawberry's.. :-)) I love to cook for people!
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Got the wife chocolates, chocolate covered pretzels, and a two-hour massage from the spa. I get scorn and hatred.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    single so I will be watching movies with myself and eating chocolate/chips
  • cooky_monster
    cooky_monster Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am always single on valentines day :ohwell: So every year I bake a huge tin of heart shaped cookies or other valentine themed goody and take into work for all my colleagues! This year I am making pink strawberry cupcakes, decorated with pink frosting and strawberry jelly hearts :flowerforyou:
  • Dchayes09
    Dchayes09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Going snowmobiling with boyfriend and friends.:smile:
  • rheannaraye
    rheannaraye Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've come to realize that Valentine's Day is a holiday completely centered around food.... go out to dinner, boxes of chocolate, multiple candy hearts, and the list goes on and on and on1 So, we're not doing anything special - I'm making dinner, and we may rent a movie or something. I DID make him a card though....

nde.jpg
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options

*How do you share pictures??? :(

Picture needs to be on a web server of some sort (ie Flickr, Photobucket Even Facebook as long as it is set to public) get the img url and place between img tags like these [img][/img]

Edit - I see you got it whilke I was typing - Tinypic too - I never use it so i never comes to mind - and nice card
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Cooking for my better half on Saturday - at least I can control what I'm eating! :P
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Weekend getaway planned 18th is also Anniversary. She's flip flopping on the destination though. First it was romantic historic hotel and some horse racing during the day.....then she's flipped to a tourist/shopping destination.....now she's not sure. women! :explode:
  • emboslice94
    Options
    I'm dropping off cupcakes at my part time job for the girls who were feeling a little down about not having a date (some of them recently split up with boyfriends of 3+ years so it's tough right now for them), and then I'm going to my love's place to watch movies, relax, and we'll probably get Smarties McFlurries hehe.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I will be working and then spending my free time at the gym more than likely. I dont go out for Valentines day ...its too commercial and crowded....its also my birthday but i celebrate it on a less busy day....
  • Shynique37
    Shynique37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My husband has to work so he gave me my gift today. A box of heart shaped kit kats ( that he opened & eating)!!! I don't want after my work out today! & I got a Keureg. I didn't get him anything ohhh wait he got ME!! I'm freaking priceless:love:
  • bl1nk6
    bl1nk6 Posts: 175
    Options
    Nothing. I think valentines day is stupid.

There. There.

What?? I love my husband but I'm baffled by the whole concept of valentines day.

We have plenty of fun. It's just not relegated to 2/14.
    I don't want flowers, they die.
    I want a pound of chocolate, but I don't need it.
    I have enough jewelry.
    I don't want cutesy crap.
    I don't want to go out to dinner on a night when there is a limited menu and higher prices just because Hallmark said I should.
    The concept is fun and whimsical. That seems like a lost concept and it's sad.

what

I doubt any women will agree with u ... Unless they hate life

I actually enjoy my life, and I agree with the quote above - we have other things I would rather we put our $$ into than jewelry or overpriced flowers. Just because Hallmark and Jared's say it should be an expensive holiday that doesn't mean it should be. We do always get each other a card and maybe a small box of chocolates. I buy little $2 heart shaped candy boxes for the kids. So we spend $20, maybe $25 on the whole family for Valentine's day.

This year, because it happens to fall on Friday (Pizza night at the looneytunes household), the hubs is going to pack the kids up after school and meet me at the local pizza place at 5:05 (I get out of work at 5:00) and we'll have a kind of early dinner, but we should beat the crowd, if there is one.

i love valentines day!!! Its not about hallmark and how much £££££$$$$$$ is spent... its about putting thought into showing someone how much you love or lust them and i can think of alot more things than 'objects' that mean more and are appreciated more to show your lurve! :blushing: :smile: :heart:

Just for the record ill be going out to the pub with friends and family this yr for the night in question .
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    None.... we're broke..lol.