Confessions of a chubby girl :)

Options

Replies

• carolinetayloruk
    carolinetayloruk Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I wear spanx to work most days and on really special occasions, i actually wear two pairs of spanx. I can barely breathe but my waist and stomach looks amazing. Totally worth it!
  • DianeEvans69
    DianeEvans69 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Still shifting the baby weight. The kids are 17 and 19..... years!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I wore my maternity pants for faaaaaaar longer than I was pregnant for lol

91ff5b25ee398beaabe560c19772a351.jpg
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Great post!

I work from home and rarely have to leave the house. I wear lounge pants (I have them in every color), a band t-shirt, and a hoodie every single day of the week because my decent clothes don't fit.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular bra and sports bra and sometimes an extra sports bra when I work out bc I am terrified my boobs will be saggy.
  • Jodycnd
    Jodycnd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread. I copied the post of the girl on the treadmill with the guy checking her out from behind to a friend of mine. We were lamenting the length of our weight loss journeys yesterday. Challenge: embrace her mindset!
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    When I decided to lose it for real, a year ago, I was doing 30DS & C25K.

I think I called Jillian Michaels everything BUT a child of God doing those workouts. Loudly. Enough to send the dogs running to the other room. :laugh:

LMFAO...I even called her a c*nt, which I never use!!!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I didn't wear a swimsuit for 9 years from age 14-23. I vowed never to wear one again - even though I adore swimming. But then I had a medical issue (serious bite from a poisonous spider) and almost lost my lower leg, so once I recovered I decided I was gonna swim even though I was around 290 lb. So I bought a swimsuit but the first 3-4 times I went swimming I also wore my underwire bra WITH the swimsuit. It was a satiny black suit with thick straps and a satiny black bra with skinny straps, so I honestly don't think it was that noticeable but my bff laughed at me every time we swam and finally I stopped.
  • JessicaSunflower
    JessicaSunflower Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I wear a bra and a sports bra when I go jogging at the gym or it hurts to run. Also, I have to wear makeup, even if its just foundation and waterproof mascara.. or I wont go.
  • dying_2b_skin3
    Options
    losing weight terrifies me in the sense i'm not sure i can afford new clothes =(
    i hardly wear a dress without spanx and i sometimes wear more than one pair to suck it in 0.o
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I wear my husband's old Army t-shirts to the gym because they are baggy and my lower belly pooch doesn't show.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    i just bought some dress pants that pretty much fit like yoga pants and am wishing I had bought more of this brand/ style although no belt loops might be a bad thing if I ever actually start losing weight. Honestly they said trouser pant.
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I wear three sports bras when I run - it looks like I have one massive uni-boob but it holds them in place!

I buy workout gear all the time because it's cute or on sale, yet end up wearing the same things over and over again because they are comfy.

Sometimes I sleep in my gym attire so that when I wake up all I have to do is roll out of bed and GO.
  • dying_2b_skin3
    Options
    Sometimes I sleep in my gym attire so that when I wake up all I have to do is roll out of bed and GO.

I love this!!!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I have to wear tena lady pads when I skip with a jump rope :blushing:

I don't think that's a chubby girl confession--that's a woman of childbearing years confession. I have the same problem when I jump on our trampoline.

I suppose I should find time to do Kegels...
  • kgaylord76
    kgaylord76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I went with my Sister to see her trainer a couple weeks back. Let's just say I fancy him and would love to see him workout. I came home and told my Husband that the trainer's butt was so tight you could bounce a quarter off it!
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Not really chubby girl confessions but...

I wear three sports bras every time I go to the gym. One of my boobs is bigger than the other one and I don't want anyone to notice so I just smash them flat... plus I hate when they bounce while I do cardio.

Oh, and sometimes I wear tank tops without shaving my pits that day. :blushing:
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've worked out (at home) in my Crocs because sneakers squish my feet and I like the cushioning of Crocs
  • LRoslin
    LRoslin Posts: 128
    Options
    I wore my maternity pants for faaaaaaar longer than I was pregnant for lol

This! Oh my gosh, I'm glad I am not the only one. I have a pair of maternity denim shorts that I wore all last summer, even though the baby was turning two, and they were a little big but I used safety pins rather than try to go shopping for another pair. I hate clothes shopping and don't intend to do it until absolutely nothing fits me anymore.
  • LRoslin
    LRoslin Posts: 128
    Options
    losing weight terrifies me in the sense i'm not sure i can afford new clothes =(
    i hardly wear a dress without spanx and i sometimes wear more than one pair to suck it in 0.o

Try Goodwill or any thrift store--a lot of people unload their clothes when they gain weight, and you can find stuff there to wear as you reduce. :)