Confessions of a chubby girl :)

Options

Replies

• LydiaKO
    LydiaKO Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I wear my pregnancy belly band sometimes to give myself a "smoother" look. BTW...my son is 2 now lol. And I wear 2 bras when working out so my boobs can stay the hell out of my face.
  • MissSarahAllison315
    Options
    I wear headphone and turn the volume up really loud when I am running because I hate to hear my body clapping at me while running. :sad:
    If I forget my headphone I will not run.

^^^ YES. Me too.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga pants daily and never do yoga.

This!!
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    One more confession: My thighs rub together when I walk so bad that I end up wearing holes in all my favourite pants! Haha

You know how many pairs of pants I used to go through because of this?! I have a lot of pants that are in good condition with the exception of the thighs.

Here here!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: My thunder thighs have worn a many hole in jeans!! Freaking jeans!!
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga pants daily and never do yoga.

Me too. Best kept office secret. Put a nice heel with them and they look like business attire. :)
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Where can you buy these compression cami you speak of? I want one!!! lol Do they look like tank tops?

Mine are Maidenform brand from Costco, about $12/each. I have about a dozen of them, lol. They are slightly restrictive, like the less severe Spanx but they absolutely hide my muffin top.

They look like tank tops but have that sheen from the lycra so they're clearly underwear. They also have this tummy panel so your waist is compressed but your boobs are not :) I love them....lots.
  • fitdiva1day
    fitdiva1day Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My confession may sound odd but here goes. Many years ago I had a MUCH needed breast reduction. Since then I lost from 201 pounds down to 170. My breast were flat and a very small B cup. I recently got implants and not used to wearing larger bras or the discomfort that goes along with it. So when I work out its bra less. I'm re-learning how to exercise with larger breast and I must confess its not easy! Needless to say I'm not running at this point either.
  • roniredd
    Options
    Would never buy a larger size in pants than a size 8 --- even though I needed them. Would not admit it to myself.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I can't even tell you the number of jeans in my closet with tags on them because I "planned" to get to that size....2 sizes smaller. Not there yet....dang it!!
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga pants most days aswell..the heating in our school is shot (the oil keeps getting stolen) so they keep me warm and have never graced the inside of a yoga class :D
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I get irrationally annoyed with pushy clothing store clerks who "want to see what the pants look like on you". How do you think they'd look on a lady who is losing weight and determined to get in to the next size down? (Of course, they don't know that).

Other times, I waltz out to the 3-way mirror and play that RuPaul modeling song in my head.
  • fairefaerie
    fairefaerie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Okay first - Thank you for this thread! It makes me feel so much better! I have 2:

1. I won't let my hubby see me do Insanity because I'm afraid he'll laugh (even though he swears he won't). For that matter, I can't bring myself to leave the house to workout because I don't want people making fun of me.
    2. I don't have very many workout clothes, so I hang mine up to dry and wear them a couple days in a row. Then they get washed.

Also - Yoga pants FTW!
  • Zomb1eMummy
    Zomb1eMummy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I get frustrated when I do Turbo Jam because when I do the "tuck" it really makes my belly look huge. :'(
  • samanthaxb
    samanthaxb Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I go to my swim classes without shaving...*gasp*

:D

Amen sister!
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    this is one of the best posts, thanks OP! :flowerforyou:
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I don't even own any yoga pants!
  • bg192905
    bg192905 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Loving this!! :love:

I am constantly pulling at my top in the gym to cover my assets.

I wear yoga pants for yoga, shopping, and house cleaning. I sometimes feel I should hide them from myself as the are becoming like my old jogging pants.

Sometimes when doing the C25K I get off rythym and look quite goofy on the treadmill trying to get my footing back and not fall off. I swear the guys next to me are tisking and saying she wont be here next month! I cant wait to surprise them! :laugh:
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I know how to use a ponytail holder to hook my jeans closed when they are too tight.

...A hair tie?

Yes, a hair tie is commonly referred to as a ponytail holder in the south. At least I assume it's a southern thing, because I call them ponytail holders too.
  • daniellemitchell14268
    Options
    I am one who also hates! bras! As soon as i come home from work its clothes off and jammies on, also work out at home in my jammies!! lol xxx
  • Soapstone
    Soapstone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I wear headphone and turn the volume up really loud when I am running because I hate to hear my body clapping at me while running. :sad:
    If I forget my headphone I will not run.

The first time I ran on the treadmill I heard this weird, squeaky rhythmic echoing in the gym and was trying to figure out what it was.....oh, IT'S MY CHUBBY SELF pounding away on the treadmill! I won't run without headphones either, or I'd die of embarrassment from all the noise my running creates.