Anyone else in this situation?

Options
2»

Replies

• arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I have been seriously trying to lose weight for about 5 years now. I was down quite a bit and lost motivation when I met my boyfriend. We have been together for a year now and he loves junk food, fast food and generally anything unhealthy, He's not very supportive of my weight loss efforts and sometimes makes rude remarks about my body. Last weekend a light switch came on and I have some new found determination. I am looking for some advice on how to deal with living with someone who seems to think "joking" about my weight is funny. I know it's my own self confidence and determination that will change my weight but its so hard when I don't have that support at home.

Done. Out. Dealbreaker.

He's an insecure jerk and doesn't deserve to be with you.

You want advice on how to deal with him? Leave him and be with someone better, yourself.

+1.

Having been in a relationship like this once upon a few times, then gaining a bit of wisdom in hindsight I can see the stark difference between them and my current (fantastic, supportive) partner. If this is the ONLY thing he's doing that makes you wonder what planet he comes from then hopefully a serious talk (or series of) can change his behaviour. If he knows damn well how it makes you feel and persists, then you need to decide whether it's really worth it.