Dr. Oz said today it DOES matter when you eat.

Options

Replies

• Christine_120
    Options
    Dr. Oz must be very confused. Everyday he promotes some new fangled diet miracle drug or solution and then says he isn't getting paid to promote this etc. and if someone uses his name to promote it - its false advertisement and don't believe them.
    But didn't you just promote it? NOW I'M CONFUSED???? :frown:
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the breakfast food industry has put some money in his pocket recently.

The only reason Dr. Oz ever endorses anything is the kickback dollars. Quack.

buy more bacon!!!
  • cpcoursec
    cpcoursec Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That's not a new theory, back in the day it was...

Breakfast: Eat like a King

Lunch: Eat Like a Prince

Dinner: Eat like a Peasant
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

thats the medieval diet right?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options

I don't think this is all that old either. Not sure, but eating patterns early and pre-industrial revolution were quite different for the vast majority of people than the 3 meals a day that we have today.
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I think studies show that if you don't pay attention to what you eat... you'll eat less if you eat a big breakfast...

Has no meaning for those of us who are conscience about what we eat and override our 'primal programming'.
  • JJHnIOWA
    Options

Yup, which is exactly what he put up on screen and agreed to today.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Well apparently our body shuts down at night and needs no fuel to repair from daily activities and exercise. That should mean that we no longer need rest to recover either. Now, off to figure out how to eat a big breakfast without getting sick...I can't stand eating in the mornings.
  • rudarbe
    rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is so commercial. He uses pseudosceince and targets the general uneducated population of the U.S. to prove his "theory". Which in reality is not a theory, but just a study which wasn't proven by several scientist to be proven true. Yes, one fact may correlate to another, but it is not the exact causation of what he says. I used to look up to this guy before I met MFP.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    100% of people who drink water will die. <-- Studies prove this .
  • zapinkleopard
    Options
    Oh well if Dr. Oz says it.....it MUST be true.:grumble:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yah I personally feel that the only ones who "should" eat breakfast are kids....

As for adults some people are not breakfast people...I personally am and couldn't imagine going without it...but not everyone is like me....

Dr Oz lives in a land of golden roadways, talking scarecrows and Good white witches and evil witches...

And like the other Oz his info is all smoke and mirrors too....

*clicks ruby slippers* "There is no place like home, there is no place like home"
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Dinner is my biggest meal and I snack until bed time. Met my goal weight that way and have been successfully in maintenance for months doing the same thing.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I wonder if he has finally run out of things to say, and now he is going back to his very first advice when he first aired?

I can see it now, next week he will talk about how eating at night will help you sleep and rev up metabolism.
  • bluetuesday5
    bluetuesday5 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I guess I haven't lost these 30lbs then while eating 1lb of potatoes + meat nearly every night.
  • will2lose72
    will2lose72 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Biggest meal should be breakfast.

Was the next commercial break for IHOP, Denny's or the like?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Biggest meal should be breakfast.

Then Lunch.

Suppose to eat like a rabbit for supper.

He flat out said it's true and said their are studies to prove it that you can not eat your biggest meals at night and be successful for weight loss.

I say to Dr. Oz....

STICK IT!
    You must be new here. Dr. Oz isn't a reliable source of info and many times speaks out of his *kitten* without consulting what actual medical journals confirm when it comes to nutrition and health.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bluetuesday5
    bluetuesday5 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Well apparently our body shuts down at night and needs no fuel to repair from daily activities and exercise. That should mean that we no longer need rest to recover either. Now, off to figure out how to eat a big breakfast without getting sick...I can't stand eating in the mornings.

Actually studies show that metabolic rate is higher during REM sleep than during the day, and also that people who exercise burn more calories overnight than those who don't.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Aw crap, I've been doing it wrong this whole time.

Oh frak, me too! :sad:
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    JACKPOT!!!!! Insert duck gif please. :bigsmile: