Need some advice...

Options
13»

Replies

• lahilt
    lahilt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The most important thing is to listen to your body. I happen to think that breakfast is important for me because I am hungry when I wake up and technically I just fasted for 8 hours while sleeping. Eating gets your metabolism going. But again the most important thing is to listen to your body! :)
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Yeah we all get it, you don't have to eat breakfast to lose weight, it all comes down to Cals in vs Cals, but you can eat breakfast if you want. You are trying to make it seem like the only way to lose weight is to skip breakfast which is just as wrong as the people who say you have to eat breakfast to lose weight, and at this point since the OP likes eating breakfast, you really are just making yourself look like somebody who thinks they are smarter than everyone else, but is really somebody who just likes to argue for the sake of arguing. It's like HEY LOOK AT ME I"M SMARTER THAN YOU BECAUSE I DON'T EAT BREAKFAST AND YOU DO FATTY.

Steve, Steve, Steve...

392707627.jpg
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Thanks Angela, great advice. I am waiting on my FitBit now, should have it by the end of the week. I do get the feeling that I am working too hard sometimes. I am of the school of thought that says when my body needs a rest day it will let me know and until then I just keep going with much intensity. Anyway, yes... the food weight thing. I think I am pretty accurate with most things but there is def room for improvement with other things. I will make sure to be more careful about weighing stuff. I always know what I am putting in... drives my husband crazy because I read and read and read when I am in the grocery store. Labels... unless it is a product I buy frequently and already know the nutritiional values. Thanks again! :)
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options
    Thank you, well said! :happy:
    I will NEVER give up my breakfast!
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options
    What I have found with my body is that it never does what the math tells me it will do. I up my calories and lose two pounds a week, I bump it down and stop losing all together. Something will work for a while and then suddenly every this stops and I have to change it up. My advice is to try different things when what you're doing stops working for you. As we go through this journey our bodies and needs will change. It is just trial and error.

Start something new, see if it works, repeat. I have found this becomes easier as soon as you let go of, "I have to lose some weight everyday or I'm failing" mentality.

Yes, more good advice, thank you for reminding me of this. I used to be really good at finding what works and then tweaking along the way and somehow I got so caught up in the numbers... anyway, Thanks!
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options
    So anyway, with the exception of the no breakfast eating, everyone is exactly the same and we need to teach our brains not to be hungry guy... thank you all for the good advice, thoughts, opinions and suggestions. I will most definitely be more careful about weighing my food. I have reset my numbers for now (ignore the workout number I still need to fix that), and will see what happens over the next few weeks. I have actually learned that sometimes, for some folks, eating more means losing more weight. I have felt and seen physical results from that.

Hmmm... it's 11:25 AM, should I eat a third breakfast or should I wait for lunch? hahaha

Oh and related to a previous comment by him... I don't fall for TV commercials and I don't eat processed sugary cereals or instant oatmeal or anything like that. Also, I am healthy and fit and at a really good weight (cept for the vanity pounds because of a fitness challenge I am in), and I stuff my face like crazy for breakfast. I literally roll out of bed, yawn, stretch, do a quick 10 or 15 minute wake up cardio burn and then and start eating healthy grains, proteins, fats, yogurt, dairy, etc, etc... Just today I had egg whites, turkey bacon and a slice of flax pita with cinnamon on it, then I worked out and right after I had a half of a banana and a half of an apple, then I got home and ate a quarter of a piece of flax lavash with some soy nut butter smeared all over it. DELISH! haha.. sorry I am being sarcastic.

Although I would agree that the mind has to be trained to enjoy other than enjoyable things... like mountain climbers or chest to floor burpees. They suck but while you're doing them if you don't give in and just keep telling yourself you love doing them, eventually you can whip right through them no problem :tongue:
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    Not how the body works. If you fast it will go into famine mode. Not a good thing.

There are actually a couple studies showing that eating just one meal a day vs. spreading the calories out over 3 meals a day improved body composition, lowered %bf and conserved muscle, even though it wasn't any better for losing weight. Not the was I'd like to go about it at all.

OP. I'm with the peeps saying to measure your food and aim for no more than -5% of your TDEE. Losing 8 lb sounds unhealthy.