Oh God, someone brought donuts to work, HELP!!!

Options

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I would probably take the donut, and pop it in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Something just happens when you nuke a donut...it's this warm gooeyness that just explodes in your mouth, and...oh man....

But that's just me.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I would probably take the donut, and pop it in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Something just happens when you nuke a donut...it's this warm gooeyness that just explodes in your mouth, and...oh man....

But that's just me.

There are so many comments I want to make in response to this, but every single one of them would earn be a strike.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to/can't fit it into your cal goals, ignore them. I deal with this all the time, in fact there are not only donuts in the office right now, but brownies as well. Donuts are a "trigger" food for me (can't stop at half of one, can't eat just one) and it is not worth the guilt and misery I'll feel afterward. Just not worth it.
  • Expect_The_Worst
    Options
    There is no such thing as "Good kind" from tim hortons.

All those donuts are bull****

man the **** up and stop eating bull****

LOL

Self-Deprivation is unhealthy, but still entertaining nonetheless. :drinker:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

You haven't had Dunkin Donuts then...
    Timmy's are AWESOME

I dont eat manufactured food that contains 10000% more sugar than normal.

#Keto

At least your first edit made sense (though improbable). 10,000% more than normal? Normal WHAT? Normal FOOD is a little vague.

A Dunkin' glazed donut has 12g of sugar.

A medium apple is a pretty "normal" unmanufactured food with 13g sugar.....
    Today I learned that 13 X 100 = 12. It must be like my microwave's version of math, which says 61 > 100.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options

But that's just me.

There are so many comments I want to make in response to this, but every single one of them would earn be a strike.

:laugh:
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

You haven't had Dunkin Donuts then...
    Timmy's are AWESOME

I dont eat manufactured food that contains 10000% more sugar than normal.

#Keto

lulz. Ain't no hangry like keto hangry.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

But that's just me.

:blushing: :drinker:
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    People who bring in donuts/brownies/cookies/cake/brownies etc., half the time don't eat them themselves, they are just bringing them in so everyone else will eat them instead! I do it all the time; I'll leave a box of Oreos in the break room because I ate a few at home and don't want to finish the box--and they are usually gone by noon. Do you want your coworker to have that kind of influence over you?

Don't eat it! And enjoy NOT eating it, with the satisfaction you are making a healthy choice for yourself. Save the calories for something you decide to eat on your own, not just something that happens to be sitting there!
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    People who bring in donuts/brownies/cookies/cake/brownies etc., half the time don't eat them themselves, they are just bringing them in so everyone else will eat them instead! I do it all the time; I'll leave a box of Oreos in the break room because I ate a few at home and don't want to finish the box--and they are usually gone by noon. Do you want your coworker to have that kind of influence over you?

Don't eat it! And enjoy NOT eating it, with the satisfaction you are making a healthy choice for yourself. Save the calories for something you decide to eat on your own, not just something that happens to be sitting there!

Oreos are not for sharing. They come in single serving containers.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Someone had a birthday today and there is a nice looking chocolate cake with icing in the lunchroom.

I just walk away.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'd make it fit, if I really wanted one. I had two edible arrangements come to the office yesterday, the ones with the chocolate covered fruit. I ate! I logged, I moved on with the rest of my day! I didn't even work out, because, you know what it was a rest day and I didn't need to! You don't have to go workout every time you have a treat. Have the damn donut if you want it, just log it accurately and stay to true to your calorie goal!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    this was me yesterday morning...it was glorious.l...

tumblr_m4ya8tHOCb1qajc4eo1_500.gif
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    They're the good kind from Tim Horton's, too! Tell me why I don't want one, PLEASE!!! :sad:

You do want one. Just one...... Savor each and every bite. And then make the rest of your day fit into your calorie goals.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    EMPTY CALORIES. END OF STORY. SURE THEY TASTE GOOD, (I'VE NEVER HAD TIM HORTON'S, ONLY EVER HEARD OF IT ON HERE) BUT YOU'LL BE HUNGRY IN AN HOUR. AND AS I'M TYPING THIS, SOMEONE JUST BROUGHT HOMEMADE CUPCAKES IN TO US> YEP fml. LMAO. but i just say no. she even walked in the room with them and said AMY DO NOT LOOK lmao!!

WHAT IS AN EMPTY CALORIE AND WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING.

Are there little calories just floating around in the air? Jeez, we're all in trouble.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    What's the problem? Just don't eat one. I always have healthy snacks at the office (keep a huge bag of chopped veggies in the fridge.) Have to have will power. I ignored the treats at work (every Wednesday AND Friday) for about 14 months no matter how tempting they looked until I reached my target weight last month. Now am in maintenance so will allow myself the occasional indulgence.

Of course if you are in weight-loss mode and just can't resist a very special treat, then simply keep your overall calories for the day in your target range.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Eat one if you want to... Don't eat one of you don't want to.

Simple!
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    My Husband always tells me --" You already know what it tastes like"

For me, that's the problem. Not the solution.
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with donuts? I had one this morning.

I wish i could just eat one donut.

Agyer67.gif

^^^^^ That's just FUNNY...

Truth is, I am telling myself that nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels...
  • squeepig
    squeepig Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My Husband always tells me --" You already know what it tastes like"

Hahhahhahha I love that!!!

Maybe have a dedicated place in your office where people can leave goodies, but it's not in plain sight. We have a breakroom at work, but when people bring in donuts, they go in a small alcove. If you want something, you go there, but if you don't, you don't have to see it.