What is the BEST comment you ever received about your body?

Options

Replies

• suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Ghetto booty...I took it as a compliment. LOL
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    A guy walked up to me in the gym and asked when I could fit him in my schedule. He thought I was a trainer.

My boyfriend sometimes stops what he's doing or stops talking and just looks at me. When I ask him what's going on, he always says he can't believe he's lucky enough to be with someone as beautiful as me.

Ahhh that is soooo sweet
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I hadn't seen a friend in mine for about a year - when I was at my heaviest - and I posted a pic on FB as I was losing weight. She asked if it was me. I told her yes. 30 minutes later she was knocking at my door because she wanted to see it with her own eyes. It's amazing - I never stopped being her friend, but our busy lives just made it hard to see each other, and now we talk again almost everyday over FB or text.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you in two months. . That's when the complements are gonna start rolling in! Two months!
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Some guy last week walked out of the gym same time as me. He looks at me and goes "So what's the secret?". I was wearing a long sleeve and sweats but I guess I looked like I knew what I was doing :)
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    Some guy last week walked out of the gym same time as me. He looks at me and goes "So what's the secret?". I was wearing a long sleeve and sweats but I guess I looked like I knew what I was doing :)

He was mirin brah
  • BonecrusherBrews
    BonecrusherBrews Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    "Everyone likes a little *kitten*, but nobody likes a smartass."
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I got asked if I am on steroids. Obviously by a moron that thinks any muscle tone whatsoever = roids, as I in no way look like I could at all possibly be in gear. But still, I definitely consider it a compliment.
  • mudknuckles
    mudknuckles Posts: 1,417 Member
    Options
    "Well, at least you don't have a third nipple?"
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    In college, outside my dance class, from a random BMOC student: "You give spandex a whole new meaning!"
    A few weeks ago, on the street making my froyo run, from a rough-looking young man lurking in a hoodie: "You're looking especially gorgeous today, ma'am, by the way."

Both of them totally made my day -- not so much because of the words or sentiment, but because of the sweet manners and the courage it took each of them to make the comment.

ETA: Actually, on second thought, the VERY best comment I've ever received was when my 20-something son told me he's proud of me. :heart: :sad: :smooched:
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    Sometimes I still see my overweight self, so little compliments (sometimes not even intended as compliments?) shock me!

1. Asking about saf slim at a health store, "But you already have a flat stomach, you don't need this"

2. Hot hiking date, talking about losing a couple more pounds, "But you're a twig already" :D

3. Brother refuses candy because he wants to be "lean" like me.

4. Family always wants me to cook for them, eat all my "healthy" food.

5. "You don't play sports?"

6. "What happened to you? You're so thin now"

7. Dressing rooms "Do you do pilates or something?"

8. Most recently my mom told me I am "going to become arnold schwarznegger" (she was looking at my lifting log). I got super excited. I don't think she knows he's one of biggest inspirations EVER.

9. Also getting asked to lift heavy stuff

And of course all the comments/motivation on mfp and people at the gym. :)
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Stripped naked at a sorority party on a table. They cheered. (in 2001)
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    From the overly gay salesman at a clothing store I was looking for a suit from "Oh to be tall and thin, must suck!!"
  • JustineTakesItBack
    Options
    In high school I was in the women's bathroom and some girls were talking about their bodies. I didn't want to get into the conversation because I was never really comfortable with my body, but a girl took me aside and said, "Wow, look at you! I love the way your waist curves." And then she turned me side ways and raved about my butt. Was so nice because she was seriously KNOWN for her butt.

My favorite recently (and +40-45 lbs)... I was at a bar and some guy came up to me when I got up and was about to leave and said, "I've wanted to talk to you all night, but you look kind of intimidating. You're beautiful." Okay, it MIGHT have been a pick up line, but it was a definite confidence booster ^^.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Best comment 'you're hot', now that I was not prepared for and still don't believe it. There was the time at the gym where I was talking to a couple of guys about Half Marathon times and one commented on how much quicker than him I was and his made said 'yeah but look at him, there's nothing to him', that made me feel quite good.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Nice calves. Got to love genes I gain very little weight below the knee.
  • IVMarkIV
    IVMarkIV Posts: 116
    Options
    Usually involves my lower body quads and calves in particular; however, I do enjoy being called a smartass
  • 60aday
    60aday Posts: 20
    Options
    You have that coke bottle shape. I guess that's supposed to be a good thing. :)
    Or I usually get the big chest comments. Can't wait for the super fit comments.:)
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    An acquaintance asked me if I wanted to run a 5k with her because I looked "aftive and fit". Made my week, so much better than any compliment about my weight loss:)