5'6 Maintenance ladies!

Options
Hey y'all! Any other 5'6 women out there who are looking to maintain? What are your stats and how much do you eat?? I'm trying to transition now.

Replies

• xscat
    xscat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and maintaining... So I'm smaller. My sedative TDEE is 1500~1600 depending on the formula.

I set my calorie goal to1400 and eat back my exercise calories, typically 200~300kcal (for convenience: this way I know as long as I'm "green" I'm good). So I eat 1600~1800kcal a day on average; sometimes up to 2000 sometimes down to 1200 depending on how I feel... Does that help at all? :)
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and CW is 122. I net about 1200 cal/day.
  • animalldy
    animalldy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just started maintenance this week and am shooting for 1,800 cal/day, not eating back exercise calories. I exercise every other day (Jillian Michaels, elliptical or running) for 30 minutes. I'm 5'5.5", maintenance weight is 135lbs.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and CW 140... want to lose some more weight but currently eating 1200... for me I would probably bump my cals up to 1400-1500... to maintain
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'-6", CW 127 lbs.

I'm maintaining on 1650 NET. I burn anywhere from 350 to 1700 cal a day with exercise, and I try to eat it all minus 50-125 cal (wiggle room for things not tracked accurately).

It took me some time to find the "magic" number, I gained around 5-7 lbs trying to maintain but I've lost it back.

Good luck!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,991 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and 148 lbs trying to maintain, I try to eat under 1400 cals a day and dont eat exercise cals
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and 140 pounds right now.
    Still trying to lose the last 5-10 lbs! I eat 1550+ exercise calories right now to lose 0.5 pounds a week!
    My maintenance would probably be around 1700+ exercise calories.
    My advice is: Dont depend on what others eat or how much to gauge what you should eat. Go by your results- up protein, do some strength training and you can eat a lot more! I am trying to do that right now :)
  • HealthyMakeover
    HealthyMakeover Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    5'6" and maintaining at 116 with 1300-1600 calories
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'-6", CW 127 lbs.

I'm maintaining on 1650 NET. I burn anywhere from 350 to 1700 cal a day with exercise, and I try to eat it all minus 50-125 cal (wiggle room for things not tracked accurately).

It took me some time to find the "magic" number, I gained around 5-7 lbs trying to maintain but I've lost it back.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice all! My stats are closest to yours and I was thinking 1700 net would be good for maintenance. Will try that
  • rcolwell11
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5", and currently losing on an average of 1,800. I do not eat back exercise calories or log my exercise. However, to maintain I would eat between 2,100-2,500. I will say that I am a very active person, and have consulted a nutritionist in the past to improve my metabolism. Just see what works for you, and make sure that you eat enough to live healthily and happily:)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    height isn't the main determining factor in maintenance calories. What works for others isn't necessarily going to work for you, OP.
  • RoseGoldDinosaur
    RoseGoldDinosaur Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and getting close to maintenance. I've been a consistent 137 and want to maintain at 135. I do 1200 cals/day to lose so probably 1500 to maintain. Plus I eat back exercise cals, but only exercise about 3 days per week (200-500 cals each time).
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    5ft5 and 134, I maintain on net 2000 cals
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 140lbs. I'm maintaining on net calories of 2200. SInce I run 10-20km 5 days a week that means I'm eating close to 3000 or more calories most days.
  • MaJacobs75
    Options
    I'm about 5'7 and my calorie goal is 1,650. I usually don't go above that goal so I like to build up as much exorcise calories as I can. I usually work out for an hour 4 days a week, depending on how much running around I do from waitress-ing at work.

I have invested in a pedometer for about 25 dollars and its the best thing I have ever had! I have never realized how many miles I walk each day at work. My goal is to walk 9,000 steps each day, that's about 6 miles. Its such a wonderful motivator, and I recommend everyone should try investing in one. Mine tracks calories, miles, steps, steps per minute, and aerobic steps (which I really have no need for). If your just wanting to track steps there are many others that are ranging in price as low as 6 bucks!

And usually when I stay in my goals and I do fantastic at the end of each week, I treat myself to something sweet as a reward, or even go and buy an item so there is always something to look forward to and to always help keep me to stay on track!
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 (always wished I was taller), 150lbs and maintaining, but would be happy losing another 5-10lbs. I eat around 2,000 calories and try to weight lift and run at least 4 days a week. Feel free to add!
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and have been maintaining for about 2 years (although I gained a little over the holidays which I'm in the process of getting rid of:)). CW: 126 and MFP has my maintenance set at 1750 but I've found that I actually need to eat more than that based on the amount of exercise I do. When I first set to maintenance I still continued to lose weight until I upped my calories a little more. Now I generally eat between 2000-2500 calories a day depending on my exercise. So, it may take a little while to figure out your exact maintenance numbers.
  • nurselucyp
    Options
    Hiya!
    I'm 5'8" and hoping to maintain on 1950 cals daily x
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I maintained 131-132 pounds eating around 2000 calories a day for a while. I am back to eating at deficit and lost a pound on 1600 calories a day in a little over a week. Will probably up it to 1700 soon, then stay at 1750 until i reach my goal then move into maintenance again.

Except for my workouts, i am sedentary, and i eat my exercise calories back.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    height isn't the main determining factor in maintenance calories. What works for others isn't necessarily going to work for you, OP.

QFT