5'6 Maintenance ladies!

Options

Replies

• MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    height isn't the main determining factor in maintenance calories. What works for others isn't necessarily going to work for you, OP.

Well since NO two people are exactly alike obviously I am just using this as a qualifier to come up with a starting point where I can do trial and error.
  • djk721
    djk721 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    glad to see this topic and all the responses. I agree that what works for some might not work for others, but it helps to get an idea of where to start. I eat 1500-1600 and get 30 mins exercise every day.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and still working out my maintenance calories. Looks to be around 2500-2600... I think. I lift weights four days a week, so that kinda helps. I need to maintain for a while before I can say definitively what maintenance is for me.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and am maintaining between 130-135 and I eat about 1800. I work out 4 days a week ( 2 cardio, 2 weights) and walk to work (3 miles round trip) but work a desk job.
  • tegalicious
    Options
    Female 5'3" 115 pounds 29 years old. My maintenance calories are between 2700 and 2800 on average. I am very active though.
  • kesciamuhammad
    kesciamuhammad Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and have been maintaining at 138 for about 4 months. MYP sets my goal at 1740, but I use a fitbit force and eat back most of my adjustment calories--usually 250-300 per day. I don't log on the weekends, but that's usually my most active time, so no worries. I haven't gained at all, but I have dropped as low as 133. Good luck!
  • pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 eating around 2000 calls per day right now. Trying to find maintainence. Exercise 6x per week at about 500-700 per workout. I have an open diary, and an undeniable sweet tooth. Add away ladies, I'm an active user and supportive.
    Oh btw I'm 131 lbs.
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This thread has been very helpful as I am approaching maintenance with similar stats :)
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Hiya. 5'6 here, maintaining @ 1830 (I will be running a slight deficit though as I'm not logging exercise anymore).
  • MandyKuchta61
    MandyKuchta61 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Im happy at weight i am so every week i up my calories by 100 per day,will keep doing this till i stop losing,im on 1600 per day,save some so can have a drink at weekend,still lost half a pound so 1700 nxt week,love this app x
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5ft 3ft (136lbs) and am maintaining on 1800-2000 cals with 5 workouts per week (25 mins strength/35 mins cardio)

You folks will find you can eat more than you are currently doing and still maintain :-D

(I have a Fitbit which keeps me right for TDEE/cals burned)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and transitioning into maintainence soon!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options

I have invested in a pedometer for about 25 dollars and its the best thing I have ever had! I have never realized how many miles I walk each day at work. My goal is to walk 9,000 steps each day, that's about 6 miles. Its such a wonderful motivator, and I recommend everyone should try investing in one. Mine tracks calories, miles, steps, steps per minute, and aerobic steps (which I really have no need for). If your just wanting to track steps there are many others that are ranging in price as low as 6 bucks!

^^ agree :) only thing is for me I seem to have to do 12000 to do 5 miles -! I use Fitbit Flex :)
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not 5'6 but I sure do wish LOL I'm 5'2 and have been maintaining for about 6-7 years now after losing 100 pounds. I eat anywhere from 1900-2300 calories a day. A good mix of carbs, protein and fresh fruits and veggies. I work out about 1-2 hours a day everyday because I enjoy it and it is relaxing for me. I run, cycle, Cross Fit and everything in between so my calories tend to be higher :smile:
  • ShoeGal78
    ShoeGal78 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5'6 and maintain at 122-123lbs on around 1500ish cals. I tend to average my calories across the week so I eat less Monday - Friday while at work in an office and tend to indulge at the weekends...! It's working for me anyway!
  • marynb67
    marynb67 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Even though every one is a bit different, this thread is helpful in terms of where to start. And runnerchick69, your story was just the inspiration I needed today. :smile:
  • adrylong
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I'm at 124 right now. I'm eating 1525 cals a day...but I'm still losing, so I'm trying to figure out how to maintain. I guess I need to up the cals, but I've been so used to the 1500-1525 calorie intake that moving up makes me nervous. I've been sick for the past month with the flu and a cold, so I haven't been running as much, and I think I'm going to run less (I ran 6 days a week)...so I'm thinking every other day...and the off days will be either strengthening days to build muscle mass or just rest days.
  • Mom_of_X
    Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    5'6 - 131/132
    maintenance really, really depends on your activity level - think of it as a zone, more so than a stagnant number.
    for ex, if i'm eating TDEE - 1900+ - and staying active, i eat back all the cals over 500 I burn. if it's a lazy week, i eat 200-300 cals less. weight goes up and down +/-2 (water weight), and it's more peaceful to just gauge by the fit of your clothes.

everyone is diff tho, so good luck!
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 145lbs. I was still losing while eating 1770 net ~ 2300 total. I just bumped myself up to 2500 and hopefully that will stabilize things.

In a week I do 3 days of NROL + 4 hours or roller derby + daily dog walks.

I just started Derby about a month ago and was maintaining fine at 2300 cal until I started that.
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad this thread is here! So interesting. I have been trying to decide what I want my maintenance weight to be....it's tough because we all wear our weight differently.
    I'm 5'5.5
    30 years old
    starting weight: 143
    current weight: 127
    goal weight: my app is set to 115 but I really don't know, the fittest I have ever been was 125lb at my wedding and I was SLIM PICKINS.

Net cals for me it set at 1360, I'm good with it, I eat back like 75% of my exercise. And I exercise daily.
    It's a must when you eat a bagel EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.