How much do you share with a SO?

Options
13»

Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I was with my ex for 20 years. We shared EVERYTHING. Once passwords started getting changed, phone calls started getting taken outside, that sort of thing, I kind of knew there was an issue.

I'm assuming you broke up with your ex recently...so that means you guys have been together since you were 8 or 9? Your profile says you're 30 years old.

Oh snap! Now that's just... gross.
    hey dont knock the elementary school sweetheart.
  • ballert1
    ballert1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I was with my ex for 20 years. We shared EVERYTHING. Once passwords started getting changed, phone calls started getting taken outside, that sort of thing, I kind of knew there was an issue.

I'm assuming you broke up with your ex recently...so that means you guys have been together since you were 8 or 9? Your profile says you're 30 years old.
    But he had such a sweet sweet van!
    free-candy-truck-1.jpg

lmaooooooo
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    We're pretty open. I always know where he's at and what he's up to. Who he's playing Words With Friends with, and how often he calls his mother. I happen to have a GPS tracker on my BF's car and his cell is bugged. I also keep a picnic basket outside my BF's bedroom window in case I get hungry. You should really consider it. It's a huge lifesaver for those long nights.

I feel like you're possibly not being thorough enough. Are you BFFs with at least two of his co-workers? Have you hired a private investigator JUST IN CASE he drives somewhere with a friend and not in his own gps tracked car?
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    We're pretty open. I always know where he's at and what he's up to. Who he's playing Words With Friends with, and how often he calls his mother. I happen to have a GPS tracker on my BF's car and his cell is bugged. I also keep a picnic basket outside my BF's bedroom window in case I get hungry. You should really consider it. It's a huge lifesaver for those long nights.

I feel like you're possibly not being thorough enough. Are you BFFs with at least two of his co-workers? Have you hired a private investigator JUST IN CASE he drives somewhere with a friend and not in his own gps tracked car?
    shh.jpg
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

Oh snap! Now that's just... gross.

Nah, read the rest of my profile. I'm 38. It's in my goals to stay looking like I'm 30. We were together since I was 17.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    ignorance is bliss
  • NightWriteMermaid
    Options
    How much do I share? Everything. But it's on a volunteer basis. I don't get interrogated, and he doesn't do any interrogating. In the span of our relationship, almost everything has come up at one point or another.

He has all my passwords, but not because he "should". It's because I trust him to check websites for me when I'm busy with work. I know about all his past relationships, because we've just talked about it.

No one is entitled to give anyone any information they don't want to give. I think your friend needs to realise the importance of privacy and respect.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    There SHOULD be a limit to the information you want to know or is comes off as obsessive.
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    If I had a friend like yours, I'd be sure to clean up my own medicine cabinet. She might have an eensy issue with observing boundries. She may have already been through your stuff.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    If I had a friend like yours, I'd be sure to clean up my own medicine cabinet. She might have an eensy issue with observing boundries. She may have already been through your stuff.

You know, it wouldn't suprise me... She wouldn't find anything but cough syrup & bandaids lol.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    How much did you share with your SO? How much would you expect them to share with you? Am I weird for not caring how many people he's been with?

I assume to keep past relationships in the past. I like to keep the conversation about the lady I'm with not about something that didn't work out. People that need to know everything are probably on the insecure side and might possibly be into drama. At least from my experience.

I'm a drama free relationship kind of dude. Laughs, romance, and long adult time is where I'm at if she is looking in the right direction.

Your not in the least bit weird for not caring how many people he's been with.