what are your current culinary OBSESSIONS?

Options

Replies

• liftsforchocolate
    Options
    greek yogurt with a billion things mixed in and sunflower seed butter (and zevia)

protein bars always
  • 82jeh
    82jeh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    pop tarts, but you HAVE to put them in the toaster. I've been eating them raw all these years, but the toaster makes all the difference in the world! :) s'mores pop tarts ftw! :D

omg yes, the toaster is what makes them feel gourmet - mmmm warm gooo

gourmet.

hahaha
  • 82jeh
    82jeh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    don't hate!!! lol!! :)
  • DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Does buying avocados but not eating them count? If so - then that's my thing right now.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    We recently purchased a really nice All-Clad skillet, so we can pan-sear meats and finish them in the oven. So we had to find some yummy recipes to try. That led to discovering all kinds of fresh herbs and different ways to marinade. I cannot believe how much better steaks and pork chops taste cooked in that skillet! Even better than the grill.

Now I want to throw out all our pans and replace them! LOL

I'm in luv with my All-Clad stuff, took me a bit to learn to cook with the stainless and had to buy a piece at a time on e-bay. Took me about a year to get all the pieces I have.
  • HealthyMakeover
    HealthyMakeover Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with fiber one brownies/bars, oatmeal, peanut butter, and bananas!

: D
  • Caterpillar_17
    Caterpillar_17 Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with fiber one brownies/bars, oatmeal, peanut butter, and bananas!

: D

This exactly.
  • Caterpillar_17
    Caterpillar_17 Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Black beans and corn on a whole wheat tortilla. :3 Delicious!
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Banana ice cream.

Anything that can be made with a spiralizer.

Avocado. But that's more lifelong than current.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Roasted cauliflower - Yummy
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    Options
    Grilled asparagus!
  • Jackie_Paper
    Jackie_Paper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    just...freakn...sub sandwiches. all day, every day. :/
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Roasted veggies w/ olive oil and fresh cracked pepper.. so good!

Almond milk
  • MissDesiAmaris
    MissDesiAmaris Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Chicken Cacciatore on a slice of 40 calorie bread with a side of steamed broccoli sprayed with butter. Makes me sooooo happy!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Figured out a way to make chocolate egg custard with protein powder in the microwave - still working on getting them cooked just right. I have a tendency to cook them a little too long so they're more like pudding than just-set custard, but I can't believe how good they taste. Really chocolatey, not at all sweet (I use a lot of cocoa). Completely hides the protein powder.

Oh my. What's your latest working recipe?

I usually try a new recipe or two every week but my latest dabbling is pretty boring. I made a smoothie to use up some celery. 1/2 cup apple cider , one small apple , 2-3 stalks of celery and protein powder (just enough to bring the whole thing to 200 calories). Turns out I like the smell and taste of celery in the smoothie and will be buying more for this purpose!
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    English breakfast, sort of. I am making bacon, eggs and beaked beans regularly. Mostly because it's fast, but also because those items are under 500 calories for a nice lunch/dinner.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Really good cereal bread with a thick layer of pesto and cucumber, mixed leaves, grated carrot, sweetcorn, peppers and chopped olives. Have been having it for lunch for weeks now.

I've also really gotten into having green smoothies for my breakfast. My favourite is oat milk with spinach, frozen mango, an overripe banana and hemp protein powder. Keeps me full for ages and gives me ridiculous amounts of energy.
  • tenatroy1
    Options
    Marinated tofu. It tastes amazing and confirmed my suspicions that becoming vegan isn't that hard. Hmmmm tofu..
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Chicken breasts. So. . . many. . . chicken breasts.
  • Stacy_WLS
    Stacy_WLS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Slow cooker buffalo chicken - obsessed.
    Also love my chike protein shake
    Quest protein bars are great, but dangerous - taste like candy!