Heavy Weight (aka stuffed deep dish pizza)

Options
13»

Replies

• readanddance
    readanddance Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Bump for the deliciousness!
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I guess from my area ( Metro Detroit ) we favor the thin crust type.

Born and raised in Metro Detroit and pizza has always been rectangular and thick. Positioning of toppings and sauce is debatable. Thin crust pizza comes from Pizza Hut, not Detroit.

OP, your pizza looks EPIC and I'm putting the recipe in my box for future use. I've never had a Chicago style pizza but I've always wanted to try one.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    this looks great but......is there no...cauli... eh nevermind.

it does indeed look authentic.
    source: also from chicago area.

Was coming in here to ask how much cauliflower it takes to make the crust...

NOT srs...

:love: I like your profile pic.
  • orodee
    orodee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    bump
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I guess from my area ( Metro Detroit ) we favor the thin crust type.

Born and raised in Metro Detroit and pizza has always been rectangular and thick. Positioning of toppings and sauce is debatable. Thin crust pizza comes from Pizza Hut, not Detroit.

OP, your pizza looks EPIC and I'm putting the recipe in my box for future use. I've never had a Chicago style pizza but I've always wanted to try one.

x2. Detroit has it's own "style," which is thick and square, generally with a crispier crust than other pizzas. Thin crust pizza is more California style, or traditional Neapolitan style (depending on how it's prepared/what's on it).

If you're still in metro-Detroit looking for a good Chicago style, Lona's in Dearborn Heights is the closest I've been able to find to more authentic Chicago style (better than Pizza House, Pizza Papalis or Old Chicago).
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    bump (and btw, you are the food devil...ha ha ha)