Any medifasters out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• MsMaryMac48
    MsMaryMac48 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Was just wondering how things are going for you now? I have been researching medifast as well after a friend of mine lost about sixty pounds in the past eight months. I too am very active and love to run four days a week. Just wondered why you had to cut back on your exercise if you are trying to lose weight.
    I have known many people on Medifast. Most have lost a ton of weight and then gained it all back (and then some). One of my friends is a TSFL health coach. She lost over 50 lbs with Medifast and has kept it off for close to 3 years... it gave me some hope. After doing a ton of research, I decided to give it a shot. I have been on Medifast since January and have had great success. I am on the 5 & 1 plan and so far I'm down 26 lbs and only have 23 to go. The food isn't bad. I DO have a health coach that checks in with me on a weekly basis and is there ANY time I need her. Having a health coach is HUGE to me, especially for when I start transitioning to regular eating. She has been where I am now and can easily guide me in the right direction for what I want and need.
    I am an EXTREMELY active person. One of the hardest things is cutting back on my workouts (walking/running 3 days a week, swimming 3 days a week and bootcamp 3 days a week). I still work out, but just at 50% of what I used to. Since it IS a high protein diet, I am maintaining most of my muscle. Of course some of it is going away because I don't have the high intensity workouts, but I'll get back to my routine once I'm out of the weight loss phase.