All about tea -- thank you, Bits!

Options
rml_16
rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
ETA: That should read, "Thank you, BRits."

Many moons ago someone posted a thread about tea and some of the Brits on this site gave me some advice. Namely, that the tea you all put milk into is English breakfast and then pointed out that levels of sweetness and amounts of milk were a matter of personal taste, so I should experiment.

So, finally, months ago I bought some Twinings English Breakfast. I put a little honey and some heavy cream in it and it is the best tea I have ever had.

Thanks for the tips! (Hee hee. I said "tips.")

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Oh, Brits.

Hehe.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Oh, Brits.

Hehe.
    Awe crap. My stupid keyboard doesn't like the letter "R." And I can't edit a title.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Oh, Brits.

Hehe.
    Awe crap. My stupid keyboard doesn't like the letter "R." And I can't edit a title.
    Yeah, they really should give people a timeframe to edit their topics.. Seriously.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    My Mother was a Brit, but I could never warm up to milky tea. Lemon for me please.
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I like milky tea but do not class myself as British ;)
  • rml_16
    Options
    I like milky tea but do not class myself as British ;)
    It was the Brits who told me how to make it.
  • katielauren2001
    Options
    I like milky tea but do not class myself as British
    I was shocked when I learnt that milk in tea is mostly a British thing. I am classed as a Brit officially, but I class myself as Scottish. Rather confusing.
  • katielauren2001
    Options
    On another note I enjoy Indian tea with almond milk, very nice. I will omit the milk in green or herbal teas though.
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    I was shocked when I learnt that milk in tea is mostly a British thing. I am classed as a Brit officially, but I class myself as Scottish. Rather confusing.

Love scotch. Thanks!
    When are you guys going to gain your independence?

Edit: forgot to mention I love love love the tai tea at Rain (resturaunt here). It is sweat, spicy, and they must be using heavy cream in it. Delicious!
  • katielauren2001
    Options

Love scotch. Thanks!
    Hopefully September of this year, more people are becoming pro-Independence every day but who knows. Time shall tell.
  • Blue801
    Options

Love scotch. Thanks!
    Hopefully September of this year, more people are becoming pro-Independence every day but who knows. Time shall tell.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgbCaghOB7VkAYG_N7fi6moWDvod7HSdlWpdjZIlZtLP4_kcDl
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I love milk in my tea. I had no idea that this was a Brit-specific thing. I've been doing that since I was old enough to make my own tea (and dump a bunch of sugar in it because I was unsupervised). Some teas definitely lend well to milk/cream. Some do not--I'm looking at you, teas-with-a-fruit-base.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I love milk in my tea. I had no idea that this was a Brit-specific thing. I've been doing that since I was old enough to make my own tea (and dump a bunch of sugar in it because I was unsupervised). Some teas definitely lend well to milk/cream. Some do not--I'm looking at you, teas-with-a-fruit-base.
    I knew Brits put milk in their tea, so I tried it with different ones and it was always awful because it wasn't the right kind! lol It's good in chai, too, though. I enjoy that, as well.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I knew Brits put milk in their tea, so I tried it with different ones and it was always awful because it wasn't the right kind! lol It's good in chai, too, though. I enjoy that, as well.

Oooh yes. I'm a fan of milk in my chai. And honey. ... And nutmeg. .... And moar honey. One thing I never found palatable was lemon or lemon juice in tea. Maybe I just haven't found the right tea?
  • rml_16
    Options

Oooh yes. I'm a fan of milk in my chai. And honey. ... And nutmeg. .... And moar honey. One thing I never found palatable was lemon or lemon juice in tea. Maybe I just haven't found the right tea?
    I've never tried lemon. It seems like it would be OK in green tea mostly, but I can't stand green tea.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    64g4u.jpg
  • rml_16
    Options
    64g4u.jpg
    I <3 you.
  • Blue801
    Options