When I have more calories, I eat worse

Options
2»

Replies

• allysteven880
    Options
    eating good is a cause of worse health and gaining of weight. so, eating healthy is more than better looking worse.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    When I only have a hundred calories left, I eat a piece of fruit. When I have 300 calories, I eat candy. Now that I'm in maintenance mode and can eat so much more, I'm eating less healthy food. I know there's nothing wrong with candy now and then but it would be good to have the apple first.

So eat the apple first then the candy. Or three apples.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing for a while. Upped my calories, added French fries or onion rings to my sandwich, 400-500 mostly empty (albeit quite tasty) calories. Then I started focusing on my macro- and micronutrients... If I wanted to get enough protein, calcium, iron, fiber, I had to pack more nutrition into my food, which essentially crowded out the empty stuff.

That's my suggestion, OP - set some micronutrient goals for yourself and meet those before you reach for the candy bar. Of course, chocolate can be a decent source of iron. :drinker:
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You can always eat bread.

lol I'm not sure what you want people to tell you?

Eat candy apples? Problem solved?
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I get your point, OP. More calories (ie maintenance) shouldn't be too much of empty calories. Control is what it's about....
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your calories.........I say EAT THAT CANDY : )

Don't stress yourself out too much about it!

If you fancy 300 calories worth of fruit - Have it!

If you fancy 300 calories on cookies and chocolate - Have it!

Yes / No ?????
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    When I only have a hundred calories left, I eat a piece of fruit. When I have 300 calories, I eat candy. Now that I'm in maintenance mode and can eat so much more, I'm eating less healthy food. I know there's nothing wrong with candy now and then but it would be good to have the apple first.

So eat the apple first, then have a piece of candy. I'm not sure I understand your problem.

This.

Or just have a fruit flavored ice cream. Kill two birds with one stone.

Or fruit pie with a scoop of ice cream.

Counts as one of your 5 a day right?????
  • kathyf590
    Options
    I'm right there with you. My food diary looks so much worse since I have been maintaining that when I was losing.
    I agree that I think the key is to add more to the meals, rather than having so many calories left over up for grabs.
    I find it schocking sometimes to have meals that are in the 600-700 calorie range, but it's within my calorie budget and much more likely to be healthy foods rather than sweets, which are my downfall.
    The other part of maintaining that I think is hard, is there is no end point- this is the way I'm going to eat from now on, so I have to find a system that keeps my weight stable and gives me the energy I need to keep fit and workout. It's a challenge.
    Good luck and congratulations for reaching this point- maintaining is a good thing. :drinker: