afternoon snacks - starving

2»

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    Maybe look at what your having for lunch - I found changing what I had for lunch to something that made me fuller for longer helped me curb my afternoon snacking.

This, definitely. I am not a big snack person but when I have too little at lunch I get really hungry in the afternoons.

I usually have a nice cup of tea mid-afternoon and it helps. Chai or vanilla rooibos (sp?) are my favorites for that.

If I am truly hungry I'll have a Clif Z bar. They are the "kids" energy bars but they are very satisfying for around 130-140 cal.
  • sohmui
    sohmui Posts: 108 Member
    A healthy dose of not thinking about food. That will sort things out.
    Good advice! I only began snacking when I started my diet and food became an issue. I never snacked before (just ate enormous main meals:laugh: ). Find a distraction around the time you usually feel hungry and avoid dwelling on food.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Any ideas for afternoon snacks? This is when I'm at my most hungriest, nuts and yogurts just aint making a dent in my afternoon hunger pangs. I'm ova vego.

thanks

18 hours of playing sims does it for me :)
  • littleandysmom
    littleandysmom Posts: 173 Member
    Any ideas for afternoon snacks? This is when I'm at my most hungriest, nuts and yogurts just aint making a dent in my afternoon hunger pangs. I'm ova vego.

thanks

Realize this is not for most people, but I started having a late lunch in order to help out with my later afternoon/evening hunger pangs. (That's when I tend to binge more versus morning-mid day) Since changing my eating schedule, have had less cravings.
  • xeene
    xeene Posts: 5 Member
    That sounds like me. I have started eating lunch at 2pm, that way I'm not compelled to snack on something when I get home for dinner. But it doesn't help when I eat breakfast at 7am and need a snack to hold me over. I've tried drinking more water instead.

[/quote]

Realize this is not for most people, but I started having a late lunch in order to help out with my later afternoon/evening hunger pangs. (That's when I tend to binge more versus morning-mid day) Since changing my eating schedule, have had less cravings.
    [/quote]
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    I stopped before work and bought some string cheese. I also have an orange in my purse.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    I made roasted,spiced chickpeas yesterday. They are fantastic, sort of like corn nuts. I used ground chipolte, ground cumin, smoked paprika,salt and lime juice. I added the lime juice and spices with five minutes left. Basically followed the recipe on Emily Bites.
    Other favorites-fruit, 1 ounce cheese, baked,skinless chicken. ( baked whole) and then skinned), hummus with veggies, protein powder with almond milk and berries blended up with some ice.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    I will drink lots of water and wait until I get home to have my dinner. Snacks don't work for me; they seem bring that monster out of me and I can't stop after one bite...