If you have $1100 to spend...

Options
124»

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Hands down - personal trainer. I spent the money once and had the best sucess!! I was in the best shape of my life! It was also one of the hardest things I ever did. It is impossible to work out that hard (for us common individuals; major athletes not included) without a real person there pushing you and using their knowledge and training to change up your routine. JMO

Funny.. I burned (HRM verified) almost 1600 calories yesterday, doing a combination of snow shovelling, running, boxing and lifting weights.

CAN YOU IMAGINE what kind of workout I'd have if I got me a personal trainer? WOOT!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Maybe buy a couple books, upgrade my pull up bar, then spend the rest on hot yoga & the indoor climbing wall memberships.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I would get an elliptical (off of Craigslist...no point in buying new), free weights/weight bench, and a jogging stroller if you have young kids.

So that's $150ish, $200ish if you buy from Walmart and build your own squat rack ($30 for materials at Home Depot), and $100 for jogging stroller from Walmart.

$450 total. Then I'd put the rest towards bills.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I am looking to spend less and I have been on Craigslist like crazy to find a full rack, with bar and weights. That averages around $300 +/- for a decent set. Also been looking for a good tractor tire, but I can head out to a few local farms and I see them laying around all the time. That would be a freebie. So after spending about $400 for the rack and getting the free tire, I would spend the rest on tennis tournaments fees and expenses.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I would buy a snowboarding lift season pass. Worth it. What an amazing workout.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Barbell, dumbbells, plates, bench, and a rack.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately it cannot be spent on clothing and must be equipment, gym fees, trainer, classes, ect.

Ive put in some requests for information on training and classes for the gym that opened a few months ago in town (the other is simply a fee for using equipment in an unmanned gym).

We shall see!

Im sure my husband has ideas too.. or we could use it for the kids dance classes.. but screw them right?! ;)

If you're lifting, I would find a good trainer to teach me proper form. Then I'd buy a squat cage, bench, hex bar, olympic bar, and plates. If there was any money left over, then I'd buy a new bike for the warm days and a treadmill for the cold and icy days.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    It is impossible to work out that hard (for us common individuals; major athletes not included) without a real person there pushing you and using their knowledge and training to change up your routine. JMO

Apparently I just got upgraded to "major athlete."

Nice.

I'm a "major athlete" too. I do all my workouts in my home gym. :drinker: