Beer and weight loss

Options
1235»

Replies

• tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

Anyway, I always find alcohol in England (and I have to mention England instead of Ireland because that is the reality I know) to be touchy subject. Most natives either claim that drinking levels are fine or look the other way whereas people from Southern Europe tend to believe that such levels are incredibly high. I am not saying I am right, but whether we like it our not 3 pints are equivalent to 1.70 litres which is people should drink of water.... Telling me that drinking that much is healthy doesn't really make sense. I never said it's not acceptable, it surely is unhealthy especially if it is a twice weekly habit.

Well there is actually about 1.4L in 3 pints. Not a huge difference. Regardless not sure why people seem to think 3 pints is inherently unhealthy.

16 ounces in a pint. 48 ounces in 3 pints. x 2x weekly = 96oz.... So if a person drank 3 pints twice weekly they would actually average about (13oz) per day. Well below the two servings per day that routinely seems to be linked to health benefits.

Now I dunno how (or if) that kind of non-linear ingestion of alcohol changes things - but I find it hard to believe that you can't be healthy drinking 3 pints of beer 2x a week.