Why do so many members hide there diary???

Options
2»

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Mine's public, but some people keep it private because some users have no problem giving harsh feedback that was not asked for. (I haven't had this happen personally, but I know people who have.) I think if someone asks for honest feedback that's one thing, but to critique someone's food diary when they didn't even ask for it is a bit presumptuous.

Anyways... mine's public, and I have no problem with anyone taking a peek. Most days I"m pretty proud of it. :wink:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    My food diary is viewable to those on my friends list.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    My food diary is viewable to those on my friends list.

Ditto!!! I dont mind my MFPs looking at my diary; for the most part everyone on my friends list is very positive and if they do say anything about what i eat its because i asked and i wanted the input!!! But like i said most everyone on my friends list is very positive!!!
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    Options
    Mine's wide open, and I log every morsel.

Exactly the same for me! I have only encountered the most helpful & motivating people, so luckily I have not had any harsh words or criticism. However, I don't really eat anything that would invite that kind of negativity. I keep mine open so that others have the opportunity to get ideas for themselves, I do the same thing when I look at other's diaries. I find it helps! I also find myself more encouraged to stay on track knowing others are looking or can see what I am eating! Glad you posted this though, I always wondered the same thing.