Protein Intolerance?

Options
13»

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    And I am not an argumentative person so I sure as @#$% am not arguing. I am getting a lot of help and insight, but if dairy seems fine and fat seems fine then I am not going to pretend like it bothers me dude LOL. Just relax.

Some of you guys are really smart.

Thanks again guys, I will look into my gull bladder and I don't see improvement I will tell my Dr.

Okay, so how does fat feel fine, most of the protein you have is paired with fat (eggs, meat, etc) Why do you not think it is fat?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Do you feel ill when you eat meat? I am kind of doubtful that it is a protein intolerance because a majority of foods have protein in them.

You could, however, have an egg allergy or intolerance. Definitely check with your doctor. I know I have issues handling eggs a lot of times and find it's not so bad if I use egg beaters/substitutes.
  • Erinelda
    Options
    I'm sorry, is my spelling a tell tale symptom of what is going on? Or is it just an off topic back-handed comment? I will go to the Dr if I can't find a holistic solution. Some of you people are plain rude.

Thank you for the kind people :D

I don't think it's fat because things like ice cream and chips don't hurt me but a lean steak does me in. It is probably just my GAL bladder (happy? you nazi lol)
  • AJLovinLife
    AJLovinLife Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't see the exact days you ate what you indicated are giving you trouble but looking at your meals it looks like some times you add stevia. Is this a new thing? My husband swears stevia messes with him among with some yogurts. Molasses and chicory is what messes with stomach. Is there anything new you have added to your diet? Another thought is where you are in your cycle it could play a roll in how you are feeling/digesting food.
  • Erinelda
    Options
    Stevia? It's a new thing but this crap feeling is not. To be honest I forgot about my gall bladder problems. Even though I drank a glass of water with a bit of lemon last week and felt like crap to a lesser extent. Thanks to you guys I wont do a bunch of silly things to myself, I know where to start.

I will keep a look out for symptoms for that Stevia now though.

I never thought of my cycle.. hmmm. It is hard to know where I am because I been spotting for a month due to my obesity. But I will keep an eye on that too.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Did you recently increase your fiber intake dramatically? I would suggest increasing fiber slowly and make sure you drink more water and get enough fats to help things along.

And cream of wheat does not have much protein, so why would you think it is a protein intolerance? Are you lactose intolerant and added milk products to any/all of these?

^ This was my first thought. Increasing fiber almost always makes me feel like crap for a few days. Bloated and miserably full.

The other thing I was thinking was wheat/gluten intolerance but... I'm not a doctor either.
  • beekay70
    beekay70 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I log everything, if you ignore my calories, you see I eat MASSIVE meals. Like 3 cups of food.

It was those 3 meals in the last 10 days, that is feeling like crap 3 out of 10 days. Everything I have put in my body has been measured and logged

Well, if you're feeling uncomfortable after eating three cups of food in a sitting, I would say it is because you are eating three cups of food in a sitting.
  • Erinelda
    Options
    That very well could be (the massive meals). I am going to follow the advice one of these kind ladies said and eat less food, more often. The big meals are because I am afraid walking away not stuffed will cause an all day binge but I will see which is the worst of those evils.
  • Erinelda
    Options
    I think we found a winner! Right away I found a list of foods that flare up gallbladder sympoms: (by the way, I also learned it is GALLBLADDER, not GALL bladder so that grammar Nazi is not just petty, but wrong )

Eggs (Research showed that eggs caused symptoms in up to 95% of patients.)
    Onions
    Fowl (turkey, chicken)
    Dairy (milk, cheese, cream, butter)
    Gluten (wheat, barley, rye, spelt, kamut, etc.)
    Corn
    Beans and legumes
    Oranges, grapefruit
    Nuts
    Margarine
    Saturated fats (even coconut oil until feeling better)
    Red meats
    Fruit juice and sugary drinks
    Tap water
    Cabbage, cauliflower
    Oats (for some people)

That is like my ENTIRE diet, no wonder I feel like a pile of heavy crap.

I am eating the All-Gullbladder-Attack-All-The-Time diet. I can't switch all of it because of budget and the fact I love dairy but I don't think I should have a diet made entirely to hurt me lol.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I think we found a winner! Right away I found a list of foods that flare up gallbladder sympoms: (by the way, I also learned it is GALLBLADDER, not GALL bladder so that grammar Nazi is not just petty, but wrong )

Eggs (Research showed that eggs caused symptoms in up to 95% of patients.)
    Onions
    Fowl (turkey, chicken)
    Dairy (milk, cheese, cream, butter)
    Gluten (wheat, barley, rye, spelt, kamut, etc.)
    Corn
    Beans and legumes
    Oranges, grapefruit
    Nuts
    Margarine
    Saturated fats (even coconut oil until feeling better)
    Red meats
    Fruit juice and sugary drinks
    Tap water
    Cabbage, cauliflower
    Oats (for some people)

That is like my ENTIRE diet, no wonder I feel like a pile of heavy crap.

Congratulations! :drinker:

You can eat spinach and tofu, and definitely don't drink the water. This thread is a great example of why everyone should skip the doctor and self diagnose. :flowerforyou:
  • Erinelda
    Options
    We live in the age of Google baby.. the age of Google.

I don't intend to cut all of it, I am just going to be more careful and see if I feel any better haha.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    We live in the age of Google baby.. the age of Google.

I don't intend to cut all of it, I am just going to be more careful and see if I feel any better haha.

We don't need no stink'n doctors, we has google
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, is my spelling a tell tale symptom of what is going on? Or is it just an off topic back-handed comment? I will go to the Dr if I can't find a holistic solution. Some of you people are plain rude.

Thank you for the kind people :D

I don't think it's fat because things like ice cream and chips don't hurt me but a lean steak does me in. It is probably just my GAL bladder (happy? you nazi lol)

Before my mum had her gall bladder removed the most common trigger for an attack was something like roast chicken and gravy or fish and chips.

So it does seem like the combination of fat and protein may cause the trigger.

However, I really do think that you are only delaying the inevitable.
    My mother also did not want surgery, but she ended up only making it worse by delaying the surgery.

If you don't have any complications it is a really simple keyhole surgery.

If you have complications like my mother did they have to cut you right open.
  • Erinelda
    Options
    I am not a Dr dodger, I just know there is nothing they can do but remove it. I went to the hospital for a heart attack 8 years ago and the doctor told me it was my gallbladder and to stop eating fast food. I did and it got better. I guess my new variety of foods is causing me to feel a bit off but I will find irritants and eat them in smaller quantities. I don't think your mother was eating like I am was she? I am just guessing because most people don't live off a low fat, low cal, lowish protein diet with very little meat and mostly produce. I plan to do this for live, I like it.

I will keep what you said in mind Dewymorning, I appreciate your concern, your heart is in the right place and if I have a full blown attack I will go to the doctor. I will keep what everyone else said in mind as well. Except for the clear abundance of smug people on this site lol. If you don't want to help me then don't, there is no reason to run to the doctor for every little thing, if anything I need a nutritionist or a few hours with Google. Most gallbladder removals are unnecessary surgery.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    You mentioned gall bladder issues--I have gall bladder attacks any time I eat anything too greasy or fatty (not saying this is your case) and when I feel one coming on I drink a shot glass full of apple cider vinegar and feel better within ten minutes or so.

You may also be a little lactose intolerant if you previously did not eat many dairy products and have recently incorporated more into your diet (yogurt, milk in your porridge, etc etc), something to consider :) That'll cause gas pain and general malaise too.