Hi, My names Danielle and I'm obese....

Options
13»

Replies

• LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started MFP at 276 lbs, currently hovering around 240, and was down to 237.4 ( which is my currently recorded weight, water retention due to a number of things, except for lack of drinking my water, I do keep hydrated). I've 5'7" and I'm sure that I weighed more than the 276 I started with.

A number of my MFP friends have "fallen off the MFP wagon" this week, or so (I should include myself in that group) and Friday seems to be our day of confession. So I've gotten back on the wagon and keep trying to lift those MFP friends who fell off back on too.

I'm definitely an 80/20 eater. I'm really good about 80 % of the time. This works for me and I'm a major "drink more water" advocate. When I get to the gym and have the time to really workout, I definitely go into "beast" mode so it's not unusual for me to burn 700+ calories on the elliptical and then go and do some lifting. Of course, my gym time has been few and far between of late but I'm getting up on that wagon again also.

You just have to keep going after what you want. For me, while my byline says "Doing it for the Damn, you got HOT!", I'm still doing it for myself and for my son. I'm having a lesson in patience because I'm anxious to see Onederland myself (that's when the I can really do this attitude becomes real for me).

So again, if any of that sounds of interest to others, feel free to add me.
  • Christa42
    Christa42 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I have steadily gained weight for approximately 15 years. I have lost 20lbs time and time again but I have always put it back on, plus a little more each time. I am currently at 263lbs (can't believe I just posted this for all the world to see) so I could definitely use some support and motivation as well. Looks like a lot of great people have responded to this post. Any others can feel free to friend request me also. Let's get our bodies bikini ready! Ha,ha. I doubt I will ever wear a bikini again, but I love going to the pool in the summer with my family, so looking a little less voluptuous in my bathing suit would be a welcome change!
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I started at 240 lbs., 5'5" - I know that's a little less than where you're at, but I'm sure I can relate.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Hi Danielle,
    My name's Jim and I AM NOT obese....but I sure used to be! It is hard work but thinning out and anything else we get in life is so worth that hard work! Believe in yourself even if it takes several tries. Not giving up is the most important key to it all!
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Best of luck along your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend we can share support.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me if you would like. I have lost 135 but have plenty more to go.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Well i started at 217 and now i'm 162 so I feel that im still perfectly entitled to complain because it took me a year and a half to get to this point and the more I lose the harder it is to keep losing. LOL so if you dont me complaining abt the scale not moving when im busting my *kitten* with some HARD workouts then please send me an add :)
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    i completely understand wanting people who weigh about the same or have the same amount to lose.. just please remember not to compare or make it a competition as every body is different. something might work for them but not you at all.

i have about 45ish pounds left to lose and complain because im tired of doing things or tired of working out lol but i have been here for over 2 years. and not to mention its going BEYOND slow now.

but i just wanted to say i started here at 327lbs and morbidly obese.. so just know that you CAN do this. hope you find lots of friends for support.

*tip* make small goals first!! AND take pictures.
  • sweet29one
    Options
    Hi my name is amber. Feel free to add me.
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi Danielle & hi all! :) (lol, btw, the title of this post made me think of an AA meeting :P)

I'm Krissy and I'm from England. I currently weigh 271 lbs and I'm looking to lose another 117lbs and then see how I feel..probably another 20 or so lbs ontop of that when I finally reach that huge goal

I understand completely how you feel about wanting friends with a larger weight loss goal, I'm in the same boat as you.

I'd love to be friends with you and everyone else who would like to add me, can never have too many buddies! Good luck to everyone on their journey, I hope you enjoy the ride
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your honesty in your post, but I guess by just looking at me you wouldn't know I was once 200lbs and therefore I'm more like you than you know. Please, if you don't want to be judged by size, don't judge anybody else by size. That's a double standard.

Feel free to send me a friend request. Just b/c I'm not 200lbs anymore doesn't mean we can't relate to each other.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    good luck! it can be done.
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi Danielle, I started at 275 as well and am down almost 25 lbs now. Feel free to add me!
  • janaycastain
    Options
    well, i WAS 275, last year..or rather summer 2012. It took me 10 months to lose 120 lbs, in all i lost about 140, then gained back 30 recently. I'm back up to 170and working to lose it again before I get out of control.
  • thelazydandelion
    thelazydandelion Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Danielle & hi all! :) (lol, btw, the title of this post made me think of an AA meeting :P)

That's what I was going for ^_^

Also I'm really sorry if people are offended by my post, I wrote it on a whim and could have worded it better but I just didn't want to feel bad about not adding everyone because of various reasons so I thought I'd put it out there.

I'm not setting out to judge anyone and there are only so many times I can say that I'm not excluding people who have lost a lot of weight and are now 150 lbs or whatever. I'm also not saying slim people are evil lol, I just wanted to have people added who I can relate to, I cannot relate to a size 8 girl who has 2 lbs to lose or just wants to tone up.

I'm very open to making friends despite it being difficult for me and am glad some of you get where I'm coming from.
  • allysteven880
    Options
    hello!

weight loss is the essential aspects for every human life. i think you are also interested.