Can I skip logging fruits and veggies in diary?

Options
2»

Replies

• David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    .. I did weight watchers just before they introduced that thing. Did not make sense to me then and I have not checked thier "reasoning" behind this, I think it was just that people were "cheating" the point system and they wanted to encourage people to eat more vegies and fruit - rather than saving point for chocolate and ice cream?

Like any system Weight watchers has flaws - that is why being fit needs to become a habit and lifestyle choice and "dieting" is well let say a Catalyst to get your started and help you identify what you want from life.

Also at some point you may want to dig a little deeper than just FCP - and look at your vitamin intake etc... Log them is easier - MFP is great for making meal plans etc... which you copy across.

Do what you like - if you want to be honest with yourself - log most everything (I do miss a few things every day myself like some pistachio nuts yesterday and I don't weigh everything if I am estimating I over-estimate a little) the more diligent you are with tracking the better you are armed with information - just needs to be balanced off with not becoming obsessed and it taking over your life.
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    ...I followed the WW system for months after the first 3 months - I said "got it now" took off the training wheels etc... The points system is all laid out for you. The only thing remaining a member does is commits you to weigh ins - It sounds to me you need something to make you accountable - someone to answer to for the weigh in. You need to be doing this for you not to please someone else - What are you going to do with a fitter you? Some people make a goal to run a half marathon, others to lower the BP, it could be simply to look better and feel better, keep up with the kids / grand kids, maybe your partner likes biking and you would like to spend time doing that with her/him. What is your motivation to lose the weight and become fitter? Get this clear in your head and you will empower yourself to achieve the goals.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    This isn't Weight Watchers. Fruits and veggies have calories. Log them.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers has since changed that policy, because they found that too many users were overeating fruits and veggies and it was hindering their goals.

So, no. You need to log everything.
  • LB30
    LB30 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I left WW after "fruit-gate", too. I never understood not counting points for fruit. Also, I started gaining weight on their Pts. Plus system. For me, I don't think that was a coincidence. On here, I log fruits and veg, but I admit that I usually do not log lettuce/leafy greens, and I don't log veg like tomato, green peppers, mushrooms, cucumber, if they added to a sandwich, eg. Subway toppings. If the veggies ARE the sandwich, I usually log them. Otherwise, I might throw in a few quick-add calories to cover a little. Best of luck to you on MFP.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Veggies- I know many people on MFP who don't log them. My dietician told me veggies are "free calories."

Fruit- Log it. It adds up quickly. Plus it has a good amount of carbs and sugar.
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I had to quit weight watchers bc so many of the things I eat are zero points, when they CLEARLY have calories. :/ So, I'd end a day with the majority of my points left, even tho by tracking on here I would have eaten 1200ish calories. definitely not a good match for me.

I'm whole foods plant based, which is mostly fruits and veggies.