Don't walk around in a bikini in this town

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I work in database marketing and this woman doesn't understand what she's done. She had a provocative t-shirt sell out in one day. The retailer's predictive models are going to start suggesting more and more of them be sent to the whole area. LOL!

Exactly what I was going to comment. The numbers are now such that there will be even more shirts like these, and they may even begin a radio ad campaign.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    This woman obviously knows how retail works. That $500+ return will be a big hit on the store and it could possibly break their sales goals for the month and/or period--costing the company money and the management their bonuses. She knows what she's doing.

LOL @ "return"

They aren't taking this stuff back.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    This thread has way too few examples of what may be inappropriate in Utah.

Am disappoint.
  • SavageAbbey
    Options
    This lady would run screaming from my town. (Solana Beach). Bikinis everywhere!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    This woman obviously knows how retail works. That $500+ return will be a big hit on the store and it could possibly break their sales goals for the month and/or period--costing the company money and the management their bonuses. She knows what she's doing.
    Now that this story has broken in the news, she will NOT be able to return the items. Buying something with the specific intention of returning it later is actually a felony. It's fraud. The company can now not only reject the return, but prosecute if they so choose.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Now that this story has broken in the news, she will NOT be able to return the items. Buying something with the specific intention of returning it later is actually a felony. It's fraud. The company can now not only reject the return, but prosecute if they so choose.
    I'm waiting to see what happens in 60 days.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting to see what happens in 60 days.

IDEA Fitness member
    If it were me, I'd fill the entire store with every single one of the t-shirts in the state, on the day she comes to return them.
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Although I applaud the effort, I think her energies would be better spent in raising her son to respect women rather than to shield his sensitive eyes. I mean, a mother can only do so much sheltering. At some point, it will be up to her 18 year old son to determine how to act on those images, and form an adult opinion of his own. She can't be next to him all the time.

Plus (tah-dah) they have more shirts in the back and bare chested mannequins are dirty.

She can, it worked for Norman Bates' mom.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Does she have any idea how the laws of supply and demand work? If this PacSun store reports that they sold over $500 in one day of this specific T-shirt, they will be ordering more of these T-shirts, and "corporate" will be making the employees display these T-shirts even more.

What an idiot!
  • fozzie500
    fozzie500 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I work in database marketing and this woman doesn't understand what she's done. She had a provocative t-shirt sell out in one day. The retailer's predictive models are going to start suggesting more and more of them be sent to the whole area. LOL!

this! next week the store is gonna have 3 times as many t shirts on sale ! lol
  • fozzie500
    fozzie500 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

probably won't as they had a big $500 + sale earlier on in the month/period...........
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I hope the store has a policy where they only refund on faulty goods and she gets store credit :bigsmile:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I guarantee you that $500 of sales will hardly register in a PacSun's monthly revenue.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options

Precisely.

While, as a parent, I understand wanting to shield your child from the big, bad, nasty world, I also realize that you also have to give them the skills, knowledge and strength to make up their own minds. And we have to trust them to make up their own minds when the time comes. "Shielding" an 18 year od ADULT son, is, IMO, taking to the extreme, and showing him that buying up all the shirts & returning them later (like has been said) is a CRIME! and is just plain wrong.
  • fitfan11
    fitfan11 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Utah is just a different place. Takes a special mindset to live there.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    What would have been cool is if it were a legal marijuana store and having weed in the display case.

IDEA Fitness member
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Seems like the older and the more out of shape a person is the more they complain about other people showing their bodies off.

Are you referring to me ? Lol
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Seems like the older and the more out of shape a person is the more they complain about other people showing their bodies off.

Are you referring to me ? Lol

If those are your real legs than clearly not. :)
  • teacupowl
    Options
    tumblr_mzvlu3RMcA1tnv78zo1_500.gif

YES.

Actually, is that shirt available in my size? I think I may need one now...