Let's Talk About Eggs, Baby

Options
For no particular reason, I have been eating 2 hardboiled eggs every morning. Some of my friends say it's great for me, others scowl and back away slowly :)

I thought I'd get the skinny from you guys since a lot of you are in the know about diet and fitness.

Are two eggs a day bad for someone like me who is trying to lose weight?

I've heard about the cholesterol and I'm not worried about it. My cholesterol was tested last month and it was great. Is that the only reason people stay away from more than two eggs a week?

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Long story short, you're fine.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    Options
    My ophthalmologist wants me to eat a lot of eggs, more than I ever feel like cooking. They are very good for your vision!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Salt_N_Pepa49919.jpg
    Salt 'n Pepa agree.
    Eggs are delicious and good!
  • psych0kitty
    Options
    Eggs are great as long as you don't have an existing condition which would require you to limit fat/cholesterol. For normal, healthy people, EAT THE EGGS.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Salt_N_Pepa49919.jpg
    Salt 'n Pepa agree.

Well if Salt n Pepa approve...
  • sillyvalentine
    Options
    My ophthalmologist wants me to eat a lot of eggs, more than I ever feel like cooking. They are very good for your vision!

Well, that's good because I have terrible vision.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I believe the cholesterol thing with eggs has been debunked...eggs have the good kind or something like that. However, they still have a bit of a bad rep because of that deal. A lot of people still think they aren't a great think to eat because of it.

They are very good for you, from what I've read. If you are trying to cut calories, it's best for your nutition to still eat some yolk as that is where the majority of the nutition lies. So if you make scrammbled eggs, make them with some egg whites and some whole eggs for lower calories but nutional value. Personally I think it's the yolk that keeps you full longer too, though I've never done any research to check this out :-)
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Salt_N_Pepa49919.jpg
    Salt 'n Pepa agree.

Spinderella fry it up one time
  • anj1030
    anj1030 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Eggs are great as long as you don't have an existing condition which would require you to limit fat/cholesterol. For normal, healthy people, EAT THE EGGS.

Define NORMAL?
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Salt_N_Pepa49919.jpg
    Salt 'n Pepa agree.

Ahhh fry it. F..f... Fry it REAL GOOD
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    Options
    Yes ma'am :)

The yolk provides lutein which prevents macular degeneration which leads to blindness.
  • sillyvalentine
    Options
    Salt_N_Pepa49919.jpg
    Salt 'n Pepa agree.

This is starting to get out of hand... :)
  • sillyvalentine
    Options

Define NORMAL?

I think they just meant "not sick".
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My daily breakfast is 2 hard boiled eggs and a Fage yogurt. I'd say you're good!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Eggs are, ounce for ounce, one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet. You can thank the 80s for the "eggs ohnoes" bull****.

Also, there have been numerous studies done debunking the whole don't eat eggs if you're watching your cholesterol myth...dietary cholesterol has no substantial bearing on blood serum levels in the vast majority of people...in rare cases yes...but the vast majority of people aren't going to see any change in the blood serum levels from dietary cholesterol intake.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I have 2 eggs for breakfast usually at least 5 days a week. I love eggs!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I eat 2-3 whole eggs about 3-5 days a week plus up to 1 cup of egg whites a week.
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Salt_N_Pepa49919.jpg
    Salt 'n Pepa agree.

Whatta egg whatta egg whatta egg whatta mighty good egg (he's a mighty mighty good egg)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I have a hard boiled chicken or duck egg on a daily basis, as a bedtime snack.
    I prefer duck eggs, as even though higher in calories, they are bigger and to me, taste much richer and are far more filling. An ex trainer was also amazed at how filling they are when she ventured to try them.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Salt_N_Pepa49919.jpg
    Salt 'n Pepa agree.

Whatta egg whatta egg whatta egg whatta mighty good egg (he's a mighty mighty good egg)
    If IIII...wanna go and fry.. up a couple eggs.. it's none of your business!