Frozen is really about homosexuals? agree/disagree....

Options

Replies

• Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Well now I guess I should have watched the movie instead of MFP'd while my kids watched it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the movie. My kids are a bit older and we haven't been in a rush to see it.

That being said, I gather that this woman's issue with this movie is the rebellious nature of the character and has determined a parallel between this and homosexuality.

The fact is that all of the Disney characters, in the modern era, are in some way rebellious. This is how they create antagonism to the story.

Examples:

Brave - Her father ordered her into marriage, for which, she found a way to avoid.
    The Little Mermaid - Her father ordered her to stay away from humans. She didn't.
    Pocahontas - Her father ordered her to stay away from the white man. Again... she didn't.

These are just a few I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure you could probably think of a few more. Maybe even some older Disney movies with the theme of rebellion.

I say this woman is grabbing at straws.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Jac you seem to find something gay in most things. I think you need to come clean, it is getting stuffy in that closet......

I already told you......I am not interested. It is not going to happen between us.

You were holding my head face down in the pillow and screaming "Clang Clang Clang went the Trolley"..... so pardon me if I didn't hear you.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Jac you seem to find something gay in most things. I think you need to come clean, it is getting stuffy in that closet......

I already told you......I am not interested. It is not going to happen between us.

You were holding my head face down in the pillow and screaming "Clang Clang Clang went the Trolley"..... so pardon me if I didn't hear you.
    Ding Ding Ding went the bell......sorry....I got lost in the moment.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Ok... just reading the title of her blog page has me apprehensive of reading it...
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options

Ding Ding Ding went the bell......sorry....I got lost in the moment.
    My hotel stay all makes sense now.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Wow..
    OK.. I am about as hard-core Christian as it gets.
    With that said, Frozen was a pretty neat twist on a disney movie. It was enjoyable.
    I failed to see any kind of homosexual undertones at all in the movie. (huge moustache notwithstanding)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Kind of happy I can't find the webpage...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, people.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    That's insane. You can replace "homosexuality" with anything that that lady perceives as not ok and it would translate the same. People who read too much into things may need a hobby like maybe actually READING A BOOK vs reading into things to seem provocative.

^EXACTLY
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

Werd....Copy/paste is a real struggle for some people. :drinker:
  • kids are kids....they don't care....

only an adult puts this much time and thought into something that really really really doesn't matter that much.

kids see the movie, they laugh, they snort, they think it's funny, they sing the songs, they want to run to McDonalds to buy the Happy Meal toys...but they are NOT subversively worried about the gays.

it really doesn't matter to them what a paranoid adult believes
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

Get bent
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

Get bent

Nope. It's always straight as an arrow. :flowerforyou: :blushing:
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    kids are kids....they don't care....

only an adult puts this much time and thought into something that really really really doesn't matter that much.

kids see the movie, they laugh, they snort, they think it's funny, they sing the songs, they want to run to McDonalds to buy the Happy Meal toys...but they are NOT subversively worried about the gays.

That's the problem, if we don't properly warn our kids that there are gays out there they won't know. Then they might get gay on them. And that takes weeks to wash out.
  • kids are kids....they don't care....

That's the problem, if we don't properly warn our kids that there are gays out there they won't know. Then they might get gay on them. And that takes weeks to wash out.

Tide to go my friend homer...

Tide to go.....
    i have 15 of those pens in my purse for JUST those gay moments.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    The majority of that "article" seemed like one of those emotion building sales pitch ads you see online where they try to sell you on their diet or health fad but you need to act now! The entire message seemed like emotional manipulation to get the good believers worked into a frenzy over something I just didn't see in the movie. And I am a Christian (please don't hurt me!) I personally loved the movie and have every intention of buying it when it comes out on DVD.

Some people just want to see conspiracies in everything. :huh:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I don't think this pushes a gay agenda at all. You might condemn "Aladdin" or any other Disney movie for pushing a heterosexual agenda. Even if so, so what? Society needs to get over this fear/hatred/distrust of gays, it's stupid, wasteful and counter-productive. Out of the dark ages of social and (especially) religious intolerance and repression, into the future, about damned time, too.
    Notice that the Mormon woman who wrote that incredibly narrow-minded and wrong-headed article only quoted comments she agreed with, for the great majority, calling the other viewpoints disrespectful?? Well, given her attitude, I certainly have no respect for her.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    sounds to me like she didn't so much watch a movie as flip through a Rorschach test.

everyone is going to see different stuff. they're going to see what reflects either who they are or who they hate. take a guess at what she did?