Frozen is really about homosexuals? agree/disagree....

Options

Replies

• EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Didn't read the article and haven't seen the movie despite my appreciation of Idina Menzel, however...

I'm still kind of annoyed that I haven't received my copy of the famed agenda yet. It was supposed to come with a kitchenaid and some shams.

And I think the snow may be a metaphor for the white party.
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    That woman is ridiculous.

What I want to know is why in the hell does every Disney movie kill off one or both parents and/or one or both parents are already dead in almost every single movie?! :laugh:

The Little Mermaid
    The Lion King
    Cinderella
    Bambi
    Aladdin

They almost managed it in Brave, but then they went and turned the mother into a damn bear and the father tried to kill her! :laugh: Whoops, spoiler alert!! :tongue:

101 Dalmations is the only movie that comes to my mind where both parents are in the move from beginning to end. :noway:
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Nut jobs are nut jobs. Don't give her a platform and she won't be able to preach such nonsense. Ignore the wackos.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I didn't bother with the link. I saw the word "mormon" and thought "waste of time."
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Frozen! I see it all now. It is finally clear to me.

*kitten*.jpg
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is about homosexuals. I wouldn't care if it was, and would even see it as positive. My daughters and I loved the movie in 3D. I was about to say some of what I liked about it, and then realized that would spoil the ending.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    OK, I am reading and reading this blather and she has not actually stated a single way in which this is the case, she has just railed against the homosexual agenda and Frozen's part in it, without actually making a case at all that Frozen has any thing at all to do with homosexuality.

At one time, Christians dealt with whether or not to be open about being different than the people around them, so I have a really hard time seeing "Let it Go" as a gay thing.
  • xDawnsgrace
    Options
    i've heard it's about depression and anxiety, but homosexuality? i think not.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    My ADD is kicking in, so I couldn't make it through the majority of that blog, but I did learn that same sex attraction is a magical power. :drinker: I don't even need to see the movie to know if I agree/disagree. I disagree.
  • jlmuise25
    jlmuise25 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I can't even comprehend reading something like that (plus the web site is blocked at work). Frozen does not have some hidden agenda or any part about being homosexuality. It shows the bonds of sisters. AND more importantly shows that; a) you can't marry someone you just met; b) don't NEED a man to save you! I'm not one of those feminists who thinks women can do everything a man can, however I do not believe a woman does not NEED a man.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the movie. My kids are a bit older and we haven't been in a rush to see it.

That being said, I gather that this woman's issue with this movie is the rebellious nature of the character and has determined a parallel between this and homosexuality.

The fact is that all of the Disney characters, in the modern era, are in some way rebellious. This is how they create antagonism to the story.

Examples:

Brave - Her father ordered her into marriage, for which, she found a way to avoid.
    The Little Mermaid - Her father ordered her to stay away from humans. She didn't.
    Pocahontas - Her father ordered her to stay away from the white man. Again... she didn't.

These are just a few I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure you could probably think of a few more. Maybe even some older Disney movies with the theme of rebellion.

I say this woman is grabbing at straws.

^That right there sums it up nicely. Well written.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can literally say is WTF.
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Peoples private parts are their private parts. Sexuality has nothing to do with anything other than that.
  • Tonygr09
    Tonygr09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Examples:

Brave - Her father ordered her into marriage, for which, she found a way to avoid.
    The Little Mermaid - Her father ordered her to stay away from humans. She didn't.
    Pocahontas - Her father ordered her to stay away from the white man. Again... she didn't.

My thoughts exactly! Every time a Disney movie comes out, someone has to find hidden messages/agendas and how they are corrupting our youth. Now if you will excuse me, I have to go play my Led Zeppelin records backwards to hear instructions from Lucifer.
  • WontShareChocolate
    Options
    I can't even comprehend reading something like that (plus the web site is blocked at work). Frozen does not have some hidden agenda or any part about being homosexuality. It shows the bonds of sisters. AND more importantly shows that; a) you can't marry someone you just met; b) don't NEED a man to save you! I'm not one of those feminists who thinks women can do everything a man can, however I do not believe a woman does not NEED a man.

I don't think kids are even seeing your A or your B, it's the only Disney movie with two female leads but it isn't the only Disney movie that portrays you can't immediately marry someone you just met. It's just a new movie with a new story it is not anything special other then it's about two sisters.
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I read it. I wanted to burn my eyes due to the amount of bull**** that was just flung into them. Why the hell does she even care anyway? Even if the movie was about homosexuals, who genuinely cares at this day and age? We're in 2014! I didn't see Frozen about homosexuality but I believed the message of the movie to be that true love isn't necessarily from a partner or your other half. The woman is deluded but interpretations are subjective to the person. Many people will interpret different things from movies, books and such but I think she's entirely missed the point Frozen tried to make.
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    SUCH a STUPID topic!!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I think she is reading too much into it. A LOT! Bunch of paranoid BS and waste of 5 minutes of my life to read only 1/2 of it to boot.
  • FlyThisKite
    FlyThisKite Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    All I took away from this is
    1. That woman is one french fry short of a happy meal
    2. You can write about anything and make money. With that said, I will finish my novel NOW...like NOW...
    3. No...no....NOOOOOOOooOOoOoOOOOoooo Frozen is about how love, for your family and friends comes first. Romantic love grows from friendships and you "can't(should not..really should not sometimes it works but in general NOT....) marry a man you just met."
  • mclgo
    mclgo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, the evil homosexual agenda . . . .
    Get civil rights
    Have a happy life
    Pick up a gallon of milk

Or the feminist agenda
    Equal rights
    Safety
    Drop off coat at the cleaners