What do you eat at the movies?

Options
13»

Replies

• MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I like to eat sloppy chicken wings and suck on the bones really really loudly.

wanna hit a matinee, bone sucker? :flowerforyou:

Sluuurp!

Afternoon delight? In.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits into my purse. There is no shame in my game when it comes to sneaking food into a movie theater.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    People still go to the movies?

Of course! Going to the movies is fun, even if it is too expensive.

That's like saying, "people still eat in restaurants?" just because you could easily get it to go and eat it in the comfort of your own home (or cook at home). That's no fun, though, which is why people still eat in restaurants.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I sneak a banana in, in my pocket! Oh wait that’s not a banana!
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love the movie popcorn but my husband doesn't so on our last movie night we tried the frozen yogurt stand inside the theatre (it is crazy how many foods you can buy) and we were in LOVE. He had a large vanilla mango and I had a small chocolate blueberry and they were delish and mine was only a couple hundred calories. Frozen yogurt and fruit magically transformed into decadence! It is our new thing.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, hot dogs and sour patch kids. Nom
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits into my purse. There is no shame in my game when it comes to sneaking food into a movie theater.

If you went to the movies with me, I know what I'd be eating.... :love:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    For as often as I go to the movies, I usually just do whatevs and forget about it...we go maybe 2 or 3 times per year tops. I usually get a hot dog and popcorn and usually sneak in a beer or two.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

:wink:
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options

:wink:

I wana go to the movies with the two of you!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

People with kids, yes. I'd never see a movie for myself when there's a perfectly good PirateBay on the internets

I've got two teens who haven't seen the inside of a theater since....hmmm...not sure

We don't pirate movies either (Comcast is our ISP). We just patiently wait for the DVD and get it from Netflix. I think the last time we went to the movies it was about $50 just for the tickets. I think it was the last "Harry Potter" that we saw, but I might be mistaken. We used to go once a year until the economy turned south.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Of course! Going to the movies is fun, even if it is too expensive.

That's like saying, "people still eat in restaurants?" just because you could easily get it to go and eat it in the comfort of your own home (or cook at home). That's no fun, though, which is why people still eat in restaurants.

Yeah, we don't eat at restaurants much either. Too expensive. It will be nice if inflation ever gets under control. :laugh:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

Sluuurp!

Afternoon delight? In.

yessssssssssssssssssssss!

hqdefault.jpg
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

My knickname is bonesucker.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I try to eat a meal before going so I'm not hungry at all and can't even think about eating. Otherwise I bring popcorn from home.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I usually bring my own bottle of water, cut up green apple and some walnuts or pistachios.

Not a big fan of popcorn.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    If I'm dying for popcorn, I order the "kid pack" that has a reasonable portion of popcorn and a tiny drink (no oil on the popcorn). I don't feel deprived that way. I also often take a baggie of grapes or cherries in my purse.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Just watch the movie without a snack? I just walk by the concessions when I don't want to use my calories for movie fare.
  • bakechad
    bakechad Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Once in a while, I get a Buncha(SP?) Crunch or popcorn.

But most of the time, I'll bring almonds and/or a Larabar.
  • KeshiaBanks
    KeshiaBanks Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I usually eat dinner first so I'm usually full when I'm at the movies. There's nothing healthy at the movie theater.