A big girl with a long way to go...

Options
1235»

Replies

• pattycakes80
    pattycakes80 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    my mantra that has gotten me through my journey this far is very simple - "time is going to pass anyway"

you can spend the time worrying about how long it is going to take, or you can start and see where it takes you. the days, the progress and the benefits add up slowly, but with effort and determination, the reward is incredible.

starting is crazy-difficult. but over time, you gain confidence, you have more energy and with a healthier lifestyle, you develop habits that you would have never imagined having in your life prior to your journey. it might be craving the gym, craving yogurt or taking the stairs, but simple changes and dedication will leave you really wanting healthier things. not just faking it.

you may think you are going to be the fat girl for the rest of your life - that is simply not true. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. YOU ARE NOT YOUR WEIGHT. YOU ARE NOT YOUR JOB. YOU ARE NOT YOUR KHAKIS.

you are capable, you can be fast, you can be quick and you are BRILLIANT.

so get out there. again, time is gonna pass either way. you decide how you want to spend it.

*mad credit to chuck palahniuk
  • bkbw
    bkbw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jen,
    I'm also a plus size girl on my own journey. I have struggled with my weight for years and experienced the highs of getting it off and the lows of putting it own. I will say it is not an over night thing, though I wish it was, but it is a journey. You will have many bumps and obstacles along your journey but the key is to stay on track. I wish you luck and hope you stick with it.
  • DannyBoy863
    DannyBoy863 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey,its great that you are taking the first step to getting to the new you. We all have to start some where. I want to lose at least 50 pounds and this have been a great place to start. Most people on the site are great and offer great advice. There is nothing but encouragement here. You don't have to alone. Anyone can add me.