Favorite Not So Unhealthy Cheat Food

Options
13»

Replies

• tomaspetro
    tomaspetro Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    A tear came to my eye reading all these delicious choices.
    Potato Kugel with sour cream and bacon.
    Lasagna
    Dark chocolate
  • malibutigger
    malibutigger Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have one of those little Philadelphia 35g pots with 5 crackerbread.
    about 140 cals but feels like crackers n cheese
  • mayning8
    Options
    What I like to do is take "unhealthy" foods and healthify them! They taste like cheat foods but they're actually not so bad.
    Some examples of my personal favourites are:
    - greek yogurt and flour two ingredient pizza with olive tapenade instead of pizza sauce (with spinach and mozzarella to top!)
    - three ingredient pancakes (just 2 eggs and a banana with a pinch of baking powder)
    - avocado + cocoa powder + honey or agave nectar + blender = healthy "chocolate mousse"
    - baked sweet potato chips instead of regular packaged potato chips

They might not sound like they would taste that good but I promise they actually do and the recipes are really easy to find online!
  • nightshutter
    Options
    Most of the time a "cheat" food fits into my daily goals. That's said they are usually dessert type.
  • philotherianism
    philotherianism Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a brownie fanatic so sometimes I'll have a Fiber One brownie bar. 100 calories, lots of fiber and they taste fantastic! I also love Terry's Chocolate Oranges, so I'll sub in a bit of orange-flavored dark chocolate. It's all about taking what you like, and finding something that tastes similar but isn't so hard on your body.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    fried macaroni and cheese balls

pb and bacon sandwiches on toasted white

mint chocolate chip milk shake

beef wellington

ribs

donuts

Will, you are so delightfully naughty! I am coming to eat at your house.
  • albionjen
    albionjen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love prunes.

No, really, I do. Stop laughing :laugh: . They're naturally sweet and have a wonderful flavor. I seriously have to ration them or I can eat a whole bag at once (with not so wonderful consequences :sick: ) But 6 prunes have about 100 calories so I can really satisfy my sweet tooth for not too much.

You just reminded me that one of my favourite snacks is a date with a pecan half stuffed inside. Sooooo tasty and good for a quick energy boost before hitting the gym on a work night! Tastes kind of like a pecan tart. (Have to buy some more pecans tomorrow now).
  • jmedx45
    Options
    Pure Protein Chocolate bars!! by far the best bar for you!!! they are soooo good.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    A slice of thin crust with lots of veggies. You can even go easy cheese, extra sauce, and still pretty damn good.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I love prunes.

No, really, I do. Stop laughing :laugh: . They're naturally sweet and have a wonderful flavor. I seriously have to ration them or I can eat a whole bag at once (with not so wonderful consequences :sick: ) But 6 prunes have about 100 calories so I can really satisfy my sweet tooth for not too much.

You just reminded me that one of my favourite snacks is a date with a pecan half stuffed inside. Sooooo tasty and good for a quick energy boost before hitting the gym on a work night! Tastes kind of like a pecan tart. (Have to buy some more pecans tomorrow now).

Yes to both!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Sweet n salt popcorn(129 calories a bag), 81% dark chocolate, cappuccino, mixed nuts and dried fruit(have 50g of this as dessert most evenings), roasted chickpeas,oatmeal.
  • jac_84
    jac_84 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I own a fry truck
    Sooooo anything deep fried!!! mmmm
    espeically poutine!!! yumm lol
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream
    Oatmeal Cream Pies
    Nutter Butters
    Oreo Cookies
  • lisatrish
    lisatrish Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Cake

1 Box of Cake Mix
    1 Non Fat Greek Yogurt (6oz)
    1 cup water
    Mix all in a bowl and bake according to cake mix instructions.
    Reduces calories from 310 per slice to 180 and 18g of fat to 3.25g per slice.

It's moist and delicious.
  • seaberry09
    seaberry09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I baked some chocolate cupcakes from scratch using a mini-muffin pan, figured out the calories per cupcake, then threw them in the freezer for when I'm craving something baked. They were 65 calories each! They're all gone now---need to bake up another batch!
  • LRoslin
    LRoslin Posts: 128
    Options
    I don't have any "cheat" foods because all foods are valid healthy choices.

This. However, I do have to watch myself around homemade granola (my brain keeps telling me I can eat a bucketload because it's sooo good for me). And cereal. I measure out a serving and eat it for a snack.
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Sushi

Or Turkish delight.