OKAY, What's your go to song?

Options

Replies

• chippybernice
    chippybernice Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To walk, jog, elliptical machine or treadmill, I absolutely have to have quick beats and power in my music and I pretty much move to the beat. I am a huge fan of pop, but not just any old pop will do. I have probably made no less than 50 workout playlists throughout the last few years; I change them up once they feel stale and unmotivating. My personal "Greatest hits" include "I would die 4 U" by Prince, "Don't Stop me Now" by Queen, Get Down On It by Kool & the Gang, Earth Wind & Fire (Shining Star, Let's Groove, Fantasy, Fantasy), Give It To Me by Rick James, Tik Tok by Kesha, Hey Brother by Avicii, You Make Me by Avicii, I Don't Want to Be by Gavin DeGraw, Feel So Close by Calvin Harris, Transformer by Gnarles Barkley, Closer by Tegan and sara, Clarity by Zedd, Don't you Worry Child by Swedish House Mafia, many songs on the Cork Tree album by Fall Out Boy, "When You Were Young" by the Killers, Closer by Usher, Because of You by Ne-Yo, Sexy Love by Ne-Yo...I can't even remember most of them. My playlist always changes.

For bike riding, I don't need as upbeat of tunes. Right now I am loving the whole album Random Access Memories by Daft Punk. Kaleidoscope Dream by Miguel is one of my favorite albums from the last five years.

Music, for me, is crucial and I cannot work out without it. The difference between a walk with music vs a walk without is vastly different. I read somewhere the other day that swimmers (who were testing some waterproof headphones) beat their opponents, who were not listening to music, by an average of three seconds.
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    As cliche as it may be, Eye of The Tiger by Survivor has helped me many of times through that last set or last half mile.

No lie, this song is great for motivation.

I had my Songza app on while I was running (listening to the Trans Am Rock station, one of my faves) and Bohemian Rhapsody came on and it was like I suddenly had a Super Star from Mario. SO MUCH JOY!!

Another great jam that I'm sure no one here knows is Micro University by Of Montreal. It really gets me pumped up. (Also Forecast Fascist Future by the same band.)
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Offspring 'Bad Habit' - I have a HORRIBLE commute - so I kinda love this song!

Props to the people that mentioned Soundgarden and Alice in Chains!!
  • chippybernice
    Options
    ...any album by Girltalk! ..."Crazy in Love" and "Baby Boy" by Beyonce...and yes, Eye of the Tiger will fire anyone up!!
  • chippybernice
    Options
    ...correction..."Lose My Breath" by Beyonce. Not "Baby Boy."
  • ShredEdde
    ShredEdde Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You know I only started this thread so I could make a cool new "POWERMIX" … Thx peeps!
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Black Horse and a Cherry Tree by K.T. Tunstall
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Wild for the Night - A$AP Rocky & Skrillex
    Really anything by Skrillex gets my butt moving!
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    oh Dude !!!!! Anything from the spice girls. I celebrate their entire catalog, they are so talented.
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Iovine by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis! Best song ever. Well, anything off his Heist album is amazing for runs, in my opinion ;-)
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Send in the Clowns
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Stigmata - Save Us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVlvOVt5ZHo

Probably one of the HARDEST riffs ever written.

Makes me want to ****ing annihilate whatever I'm doing.

I see your Stigmata and I raise you a "****ing Hostile"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E929gqIcwwI
  • lyzmorrison
    lyzmorrison Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Work B***** - Brittany Spears

You wanna hot body
    You wanna Bugatti
    You wanna Maserati
    You better work *****
    You wanna Lamborghini
    Sip Martinis
    Look hot in a bikini
    You better work b*****
  • PoppieM
    PoppieM Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My recent song that keeps me pumping is Happy by Pharrell Williams
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Give me some "Killing in the name" by Rage in the Machine, and that can get me through anything…. What's your song when you have to dig deep?

This, Bodies - Drowning Pool, and it's hard to pick just one by the Offspring, but I'll go with The Kids Aren't Alright. I don't have just one. When I'm running and New York Dolls' Personality Crisis comes on, it makes me smile and I forget I'm getting tired.
  • mtnmeister
    mtnmeister Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When I need to suck it up hard and push through the pain, like before or during a race: "Lose Yourself" - Eminem

When I want to feel light on my feet and make my workout fun: "Into Action" - Tim Armstrong
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Play by David Banner. It's pretty dirty tho....
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    wait and bleed...slip knot
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Pretty Boy Swag. Dont know the artist.

The beat is perfect for running or lifting!
  • GohanJKA
    Options
    Awake and alive by Skillet.