Options

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    It all makes sense now.
  • SKINNYsupermodel
    Options
    You need to also talk to your shift manager and explain that you need to be on a timed eating plan. It's easier for them to let you grab a banana than for you to pass out, need an ambulance, and be out for a week.

I would say that considering your user name you have had a problem with binging. Maybe start thinking of your body as needing a steady state of fuel instead of just pre-packing the tank.

I did have a problem with binging, yes. Recently though (over the past few months) I've pretty much conquered it. But great idea, I will try and discuss that with him. I know right now that I can only have a break if I work over 5hrs or something like that. I'll see if I can arrange something with him that works for both of us though.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I can't set it at lightly active because I'm not always working. So on days where I don't have work, I just do light activities, which I would presume would make me sedentary. If you aren't supposed to count work, then why does MFP give you the option to record the amount of calories you burn cleaning?

You do to count cleaning either, or cooking, or just any normal activity. Count actual exercise only.
    Please explain, clearly, how 5 hours of physical exertion from work is not burning calories, while 5 hours of gym time is.

Haha my mom is a house cleaner and she logs all of her house cleaning activities separately. So it made sense to me log it separately. But I don't know. Clearly I'm not an expert.
    For the record, I agree with you. I think those who claim that only 'intentional exercise' counts often have a poor understanding of how many calories daily activities can burn, and also tend to unintentionally separate out traditionally gender-divided chores into 'exercise/not exercise' based on which gender traditionally filled those roles.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    haha I rarely eat over 3000 calories. I usually net about 800-1000. Just wondering if I should up that a bit after a 5 1/2 hr shift.
    thats not enough

how tall are you and what is your weight?

6ft. About 128lbs I think.
    oh sweetie...and you still want weight to come off?

please get help:flowerforyou:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    haha I rarely eat over 3000 calories. I usually net about 800-1000. Just wondering if I should up that a bit after a 5 1/2 hr shift.
    thats not enough

In that case you are underweight and should not be trying to lose more.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    thats not enough

based on this new information, i would like to change my original answer. log the 5 hours of working as walking at a slow pace and eat ALL of the exercise calories back. dead serious
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

um yeah. Why on earth would you EVER be netting 800-1000? No wonder you're having dizziness issues.:noway:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    It all makes sense now.

Emma-Watson-Listen-and-Agree.gif
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Based on your height and weight, you are under weight. Please, seek some help from a professional. You do not need to lose weight, and if eating that little makes you feel full, and you are getting dizzy spells, you're seriously damaging your body.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I can't set it at lightly active because I'm not always working. So on days where I don't have work, I just do light activities, which I would presume would make me sedentary. If you aren't supposed to count work, then why does MFP give you the option to record the amount of calories you burn cleaning?

You do to count cleaning either, or cooking, or just any normal activity. Count actual exercise only.
    Please explain, clearly, how 5 hours of physical exertion from work is not burning calories, while 5 hours of gym time is.

Haha my mom is a house cleaner and she logs all of her house cleaning activities separately. So it made sense to me log it separately. But I don't know. Clearly I'm not an expert.
    For the record, I agree with you. I think those who claim that only 'intentional exercise' counts often have a poor understanding of how many calories daily activities can burn, and also tend to unintentionally separate out traditionally gender-divided chores into 'exercise/not exercise' based on which gender traditionally filled those roles.

If your daily activity is set to sedentary, then you would be ok logging activities such as cleaning. But, if you do that for a living or if cleaning is part of your daily activity and you've set your activity level accordingly, then, no, you wouldn't log it since it would be double counting the activity.

OP: Please take the advice of others. You don't need to lose more weight.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    thats not enough

based on this new information, i would like to change my original answer. log the 5 hours of working as walking at a slow pace and eat ALL of the exercise calories back. dead serious

+1

OP- you are damaging your body and not even realizing it. No matter what you need to eat more than what you are eating now. You will not find advice here supporting 800-1,000 calories and if you do you need to ignore it.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Seriously? Net 800-1000?
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Food is fuel, we don't eat just because we're hungry, we eat to LIVE.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    my stomach usually feels full though. So though I may feel weak and dizzy, my stomach feels full and satisfied and I don't want to intake the additional food because it will make me feel stuffed.
    I don't know if any of you can relate....

Yeah, I can. I intentionally starved myself for a decade, and even though I'm in recovery, I still don't feel hungry very often. I need to swim or rock climb to feel *hungry*... or at least, recognize it.

Hormones are what controls our appetite. Once you reach a point where you're no longer feeling "hungry," your body starts to deteriorate. Dizziness. Lack of energy. Etc. People can go through periods of feeling "fine"... but that's because other things are picking up the slack, like cortisol. These are meant for short periods of time (like a famine, for example), and not for long periods of purposeful undereating... when abused too much, the body starts getting rid of all sorts of things taking up more energy. Muscle. Heart tissue. Hey, what needs the most calories to function...? Oh, our brains. Yup, that can start going too.

With your already low weight and your history of digestive issues (which undereating can contribute to, incidentally!), you should try gradually eating more and see health professionals, stat. A GI doc for your sensitivities and to see if you're malnourished, and perhaps a therapist to help you see what damage you're doing to yourself.
  • SKINNYsupermodel
    Options
    thats not enough

No... I just wanted to overcome my binging problem. I've gained 8lbs since coming on here. I used to be 120lbs.
    Just trying to find out how much I should be eating to maintain, plus my activities at work. Although, I'm having a hard enough time eating 1000 calories.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Are you going to call us all meanies for not supporting your obviously unhealthy lifestyle???
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Try eating more calorically dense foods there kiddo.
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. I used to get dizzy/weak spells because of hunger.... I was anorexic. I am NOT saying that you are anorexic. However, I am 6 inches shorter than you and 10 pounds heavier and if I lost much more, I would be underweight. Please try to re-evaluate what your goals are.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    thats not enough

No... I just wanted to overcome my binging problem. I've gained 8lbs since coming on here. I used to be 120lbs.
    Just trying to find out how much I should be eating to maintain, plus my activities at work. Although, I'm having a hard enough time eating 1000 calories.

Maintaining 128lbs at your height isn't healthy either. Cranq is right, you do need to get help. I think it's wonderful you have gained 8lbs, but you shouldn't be focused on maintaining at this point. Not until you are at a healthy weight and eating more.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    thats not enough

Again, you need to seek help. The "feeling" of hunger is not a good indicator of actual hunger. You don't have to eat large meals, but you need to eat more, period. Snack. Have high fat foods. Personally, I've been enjoying ice cream shakes with soy milk. High cal, very flavorful, and decent nutrients.

You need to eat more. You are starving your body and damaging yourself.