Quick and healthy chicken breast recipes!

Options
13»

Replies

• 2psnapod1
    Options
    Low fat, low calorie & yummy!

Salsa Chicken

Marinate chicken breasts (as many as you need) in salsa (your preference) in a plastic storage bag. The longer you marinate the more flavorful your chicken (I usually prepare the marinade the day before I will cook.

Throw the marinated chicken breasts on the grill and serve with your favorite rice (wild, brown, white) and vegetable. (Grilled zucchini & summer squash work great!)

Enjoy!
  • shellywoodworth
    shellywoodworth Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I baked chicken last nite with the cornflakes for the breading. It was DELISH!!! First time i had done it, Added a bit of parm. cheese and lemon pepper to cornflake mix - baked for about 20 minutes. Very crunchy and yummo

This sounds good, do you know what the calorie count is for this dish?
  • DesertCowgirl
    DesertCowgirl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    bump
  • Melora
    Melora Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!! I have the same problem finding things to make that are still low cal/fat.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    If you have a crockpot, 4 chicken breast, one small jar of salsa, one can black beans drained. Cook low 4-6 hours, either shred for taco/burritos or have it over brown rice. Very good.

ooo that one sounds good...
  • lot013
    lot013 Posts: 53
    Options
    bump
  • melindapipkin
    Options
    red13 this recipe sounds yummy
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Bump!
  • ksnowras
    ksnowras Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bumping for later - they all sound so good!
  • hmnormam
    Options
    Slice 2-3 (I have a large family so I use 3) chicken breasts into thick strips, place in a baggie and add 3 tbsp olive oil, 3 cloves pressed garlic, kosher salt, pepper and fresh parsley. Allow to marinate for about 15 minutes. Cook in skillet (with no additional oil added) until done, abouot 5 minutes. Delish!
  • skinnyb450
    Options
    All sunds Yummy!!! Bumping for later :):flowerforyou:
  • julz68
    julz68 Posts: 16
    Options
    bump
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I will totally have to try this, it sounds great!

If you have a crockpot, 4 chicken breast, one small jar of salsa, one can black beans drained. Cook low 4-6 hours, either shred for taco/burritos or have it over brown rice. Very good.
    [/quote]
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yum good thread! I do the crockpot chicken with salsa all the time...then make a Mexican salad with lettuce, chicken, beans and tiny bit of cheese.
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Oh yea, also thought I'd share my super easy and REALLY yummy BBQ sauce recipe....the molasses ups the cals a bit but using Blackstrap Molasses is much healthier for you. I averaged it out to about 70 calories of sauce per breast.

Mix together:
    1/4 cup ketchup
    1/4 cup Blackstrap Molasses
    1 tsp mustard
    1 tsp Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
    1/2 tsp garlic powder

Makes enough for 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts. I just put it on the breasts and grill it.