Queen - We Are The Champions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O71fetlkCZo

Canada's the name, Hockey's our game.
:drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Yes...and now Obama owes Harper a case of yucky American beer, and the USA must now keep Justin Bieber. Yay!!!!!!
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy they get to keep Beiber. This is a proud day!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    Lol, it's such a moot point, since 60% of NHL are either Canadian, Russian or Scandinavian decent.

Like when the US won the America's Cup and the whole team was basically Austrailian.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    I'm sorry, you mistakenly thought that we Americans give a flying rip about hockey. :laugh: :ohwell:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I only care about Hockey with the "Beebs" is at stake... maybe we can send him to Abu Dhabi... or maybe show him the Grand Canyon and "hopes he doesn't slip"...
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    What's funny is how you Canadians thnk that so much of us care about hockey.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    so you won hockey.....whoopee freaking doo

USA is still leading in the medal count.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Meh my TV has been glued to NFL network for all the Pre-NFL combine lead ins to this weekends prospects.... You can have your hockey and we will stick to our Football...... :drinker:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I'm sorry, you mistakenly thought that we Americans give a flying rip about hockey. :laugh: :ohwell:
    And this. Hockey would still have to surpass the NBA and NASCAR to even be in the top 5 for sports America cares to follow..:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Meh my TV has been glued to NFL network for all the Pre-NFL combine lead ins to this weekends prospects.... You can have your hockey and we will stick to our Football...... :drinker:
    Yep. I know what my team needs and now checking out the prospects that may fill them. NFL all year around!

IDEA Fitness member
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options

USA is still leading in the metal count.

Surely you mean medal count?

And yes, keep those sports no-one else in the world plays if that makes you feel better.
  • SavageAbbey
    Options
    I'll just congratulate you Canadians on the win. We gave it a good shot. Even though some of my countrymen are deflecting this, I can't help but wonder what they would be saying if we won. Maybe the same thing as they are saying now. Football , baseball and basketball are our biggest sports here and Canada can't touch us there. But again, congrats.
  • LessJos
    LessJos Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    USA is not leading the medal count anyways.

Oh and: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6WYRPPTVBg&feature=youtu.be

So you only care when you win?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Yes...and now Obama owes Harper a case of yucky American beer, and the USA must now keep Justin Bieber. Yay!!!!!!

Puhleese, our beer beats Canadian beer any day. :laugh:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    USA is not leading the medal count anyways.

Oh and: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6WYRPPTVBg&feature=youtu.be

So you only care when you win?

Why would we care to lose?
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options

USA is still leading in the metal count.

Surely you mean medal count?

And yes, keep those sports no-one else in the world plays if that makes you feel better.

if you mean all the sports we beat Canada at, them I am fine with that. Snowboard and Skiing is fine with me.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I'll just congratulate you Canadians on the win. We gave it a good shot. Even though some of my countrymen are deflecting this, I can't help but wonder what they would be saying if we won. Maybe the same thing as they are saying now. Football , baseball and basketball are our biggest sports here and Canada can't touch us there. But again, congrats.

Yep, good job Canada. Congrats on the victory. I will be happy when Sid the Kid is back on MY side.
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    I will always doff my cap to a deserving competitor who wins fair and square. Today Canada won, and were the better team. Next time it could easily be different.

And basketball is ours, as in a Canadian - American invention. We get to share that one.
  • JnK619
    JnK619 Posts: 320
    Options
    Congrats Canada.

Its always hard to congratulate your little brother!