Sorry America But us Canadians

Options

Replies

• JnK619
    JnK619 Posts: 320
    Options
    Disclaimer: Before the jimmies get all rustled... the following is meant in jest. :laugh: Besides, I only care about American Football! :tongue:

Hockey? Pffft! Bunch of white guys slapping around a black puck? ......no thanks.

Now bowling on the other hand... that's a sport I can really get into! Especially when pins have red necks...
    h35561E78

Now thats funny!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Hockey and eating poutine.
    That is all you have.:laugh:

not defending Canadia (because why would i do that?), but they do have maple syrup too.

DammitwomanHowmanytimeshaveItoldyounottowastethe100PureCanadianMapleSyrup-81451.gif

We also have maple syrup.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Hockey and eating poutine.
    That is all you have.:laugh:

not defending Canadia (because why would i do that?), but they do have maple syrup too.

DammitwomanHowmanytimeshaveItoldyounottowastethe100PureCanadianMapleSyrup-81451.gif

We also have maple syrup.

i see what you did there.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    USA is not leading the medal count anyways.

Oh and: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6WYRPPTVBg&feature=youtu.be

So you only care when you win?

USA has 27 medals to Russia's 26 and Canada's 24. I would say that is more medals and winning the count, or is my math off?

Yes it is. Medals are weighted. Golds count more that silvers, which count more than bronze.

http://sport.uk.msn.com/winter-olympics/medals.aspx

Fun fact, medal counting is actually a thing the media made up to bring competitiveness to the Olympics. The Olympics when they were revieved were actually revived to bring all countries together, eitherway Canada won at it's sport for men's and female's. I am one happy lady :flowerforyou:
  • Marzlena
    Options
    Me too!!!!:happy:
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    so you won hockey.....whoopee freaking doo

USA is still leading in the medal count.

By 2 medals... from a country with 10 times more people.

:tongue:

#WeareWinter
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Yes...and now Obama owes Harper a case of yucky American beer, and the USA must now keep Justin Bieber. Yay!!!!!!

Actually, now it's TWO cases of yucky American beer! GO CANADA!

U.S. is leading in total medals but they seem to rank in terms of golds and that's norway (I believe Canada and U.S. are tied for golds currently? At least until we win gold on Sunday!).
  • wheird
    Options
    lots of butthurt on the internet right now for not caring about it

Bit of a taunt thread, don't you think? Now if there was a thread called "Yeah Canada!" , you probably wouldn't have so much "butthurt".

Sshh. Give them their moment.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you probably meant "we canadians."
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Yes...and now Obama owes Harper a case of yucky American beer, and the USA must now keep Justin Bieber. Yay!!!!!!

Puhleese, our beer beats Canadian beer any day. :laugh:

We don't like to drink warm pee.
  • wheird
    Options

We don't like to drink warm pee.

Uh...

Americans typically do not drink warm beer. With the exception of some preferring their stouts warm.

Also, have you ever had American beer?
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, you mistakenly thought that we Americans give a flying rip about hockey. :laugh: :ohwell:

haha typical american response to losing in something

"we never cared in the first place"

Exactly lol. Very predictable, and if it had been the other way round they'd be strutting like a bejewelled goat. :drinker:

But........we Canadians still love our American cousins :flowerforyou:
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options

<--- American by birth and the first 30+ years of my life. Canadian resident for the last decade or so. American beer is a sad, commercial product compared to Canadian beer. And even if you want to talk about small breweries or micro breweries, Mill St. Tankhouse wins hands down. Everyone else is just dabbling.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    hockey is pretty much just soccer played on ice anyway...

748.gif

:tongue: