Agh! Fast food rant

Options
1235»

Replies

• 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    We also have Pollo Tropical in S.Florida- not sure if they are everywhere... And just have dinner for 600 cals..
    1/4 grilled white chicken breast,cup of spanish rice and tomato salad.. IT WAS AWESOME!
    No soda,i had my bottle of water in my car..Mc also have grilled chicken salad with or without ranch dressing... i love that!
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story about the frappe. I have been seeing that advertised and thought I wanted one. Now I know better.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I have a really crazy solution to your problem: Don't eat at McDonald's.

Thank you. I'm reading this and just smdh, like,,, hmmmm don't eat there then! LOL

But in all seriousness I just think OP knows they made a bad choice and just venting.

Hope you are feeling better.
  • bethkeysear
    bethkeysear Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    OP, you have been a member of MFP since Jan 2012 and have about 4doz forums posts under your belt. It is reasonable to expect that by this time you have gleaned enough info from the site and the forums to determine that:

a) "Fast food" is loaded with fats, carbs and calories.
    b) "Dessert-type" drinks are loaded with sugars, carbs and calories.
    c) French fries are loaded with fats, carbs, calories and sodium

Face it, you made a poor decision. Own it.

Still can't figure out why you are ranting about fast food. From what you have posted, it appears that YOU are aware of your medical condition, YOU gave in to temptation, YOU miscalculated your amount of insulin to take. I don't see how "fast food" really had anything to do with YOUR decisions and YOUR actions.

Okay I get all that is said here but none of us would be here if we did not screw up now and then. Supportive comments are great. Challenging comments are great but verbally beating someone is not nice.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    OP, you have been a member of MFP since Jan 2012 and have about 4doz forums posts under your belt. It is reasonable to expect that by this time you have gleaned enough info from the site and the forums to determine that:

a) "Fast food" is loaded with fats, carbs and calories.
    b) "Dessert-type" drinks are loaded with sugars, carbs and calories.
    c) French fries are loaded with fats, carbs, calories and sodium

Face it, you made a poor decision. Own it.

Still can't figure out why you are ranting about fast food. From what you have posted, it appears that YOU are aware of your medical condition, YOU gave in to temptation, YOU miscalculated your amount of insulin to take. I don't see how "fast food" really had anything to do with YOUR decisions and YOUR actions.

Okay I get all that is said here but none of us would be here if we did not screw up now and then. Supportive comments are great. Challenging comments are great but verbally beating someone is not nice.
    The difference is that when most of us screw up, we own it rather than blaming the restaurant for existing.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    we all have or HAD diet control issues and fast food compulsions.

Nope.

I am also frustrated that the nutrition information is not easily accessible.

It's easily available at McDonald's.
  • Andrea3030
    Options
    I don't even think McDonalds is the problem here (although I personally 90% of the stuff there tastes disgusting).

It's the fact that as a diabetic, you didn't realize that a Frappe would be chalk full of sugar. That is dangerous! I'm not a diabetic and I know that.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My take-away from this is that the OP's friends have terrible taste. Who goes to Chick-Fil-A and says "This place sucks, let's go to McDonald's"????? CFA is simply tiers above McDs.