How Can I lose 8 pounds in 1 week?

Options
13»

Replies

• RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    See, I knew that you must be a teenager when I read that heading. And I mean no disrespect to other teenagers out there, but its a terribly flawed question. It's just not a good question to ask on mfp either. If you get an answer from somewhere else or here and it works, it most certainly won't last and it will be unhealthy. It will also involve losing muscles or just being dehydrated. Muscles make us look good, feel good and let us eat more good to fuel our bodies. Look at children and adults with eating disorders, they often have terrible self esteem that losing 8 pounds doesn't fix at all, they have bad skin, and no energy to have fun and happiness.
    You don't want that. nobody does. I hope you learn to be more patient.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Oh Yeah I remember now
    It's 8 pounds in a month
    That was a fail by me -.-
    Is that more realistic?

Based on this:
    I'm around 155
    And yeah I know 8 pounds is a lot but if I put in a lot of dedication and workout a lot
    Will I be able to reach my goal?
    My goal is to hit 141 or around there
    How much should I lose per week so I can get there faster?

No, it is not realistic. With only 15 lbs to lose, this is too aggressive of a goal and will likely lead to excessive loss of lean mass (muscle). 1 lb/week, tapering to 1/2 lb/week as you get closer to your goal, is a healthy and realistic rate of weight loss.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    8lbs in one week is easy

Water + Honey + Lemon Juice + Cayenne Pepper + Orphan tears.

drink that like 20 times a day and eat whatever you want.

Not sure why everyone is giving you *kitten* answers we all know the secret. I lost like 70 lbs in 2 months doing that..

It took you that long??? You must not have been weighing and logging your calories.
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Please don't kill yourself by trying to lose 8lbs..it's not worth it.

What's the rush? 8lbs in a week would only be do-able if (as pointed out) you were very obese. I have a LOT of weight to lose and only lost just over 5lbs on my starting week and any more than that would just be unhealthy (I'm surprised it even came off that quickly)

If you did manage to bust your butt working off 8lbs as quickly as possible the chances are you'd just gain it back in a heartbeat.

You have a small goal, take baby steps towards it, weight loss takes time and effort, just enjoy the ride!