kale chips - so good!

Options
2»

Replies

• MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Don't they sell those at the Krusty Crab?
  • XXbrendaXX
    Options
    I made them once and they were horrible! Worse than the taste even was the smell...my house stunk for 3 days! Omg...I can smell it now... :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • Shahelene
    Shahelene Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I had a bad experience with Kale chips. Although I liked the flavor and the flavoring I made to enhance the taste I will not be making these again. I found that when I chewed the pieces of the kale broke apart would scratch my throat while going down. This caused my throat to be sore for days and cause further irritation when I ate other foods. Ohhhhhhh the burning is still with me. I wish I had I different outcome.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2011/08/cheezy-spicy-kale-chips-vegan.html

I have these in the oven right now and I'm so excited because I've never made kale chips before. But anyways this post is all about the SAUCE. It is delicious and even if you do not make the chips, make the sauce its really good. It would be perfect tossed with pasta. It reminds me of red pepper Alfredo.

IMPORTANT-It called for a jalapeno and Serrano pepper and I did not have these so I used red peppers and I roasted them myself. Also I only added 2 sqirts oil
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
  • popshoveit
    Options
    I made them once and liked them a lot, but my husband and two kids didn't care for them. So I probably won't make them again any time soon. I don't have time to make food just for myself on a regular basis. I might make them like twice a year.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I made them once and they were horrible! Worse than the taste even was the smell...my house stunk for 3 days! Omg...I can smell it now... :sick: :sick: :sick:

I think God/nature/the great pumpkin must have a very sick sense of humor to make something so nutritious taste so awful. I'll take my chances with a spinach and goat cheese salad . . .with bacon TYVM.
  • Lettee4
    Lettee4 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i love making kale chips that have been seasoned in parmesan cheese and taco seasoning :)
  • ChristinWrites
    ChristinWrites Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I do mine in a dehydrator and they are much tastier I think than in the oven. They get a nicer, more even crispy texture and the lower heat I think is probably better for keeping them from getting bitter and also for retaining the most nutrients. Takes about 45 minutes or so in a dehydrator and they are fantastic.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options

I think God/nature/the great pumpkin must have a very sick sense of humor to make something so nutritious taste so awful. I'll take my chances with a spinach and goat cheese salad . . .with bacon TYVM.

I'm sorry, but I don't think narrow minded sexy shirtless bullies with no class or morals were invited to this discussion.

Flower please:)
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, but I don't think narrow minded sexy shirtless bullies with no class or morals were invited to this discussion.

Flower please:)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :heart: :drinker:

Mandy wins this round.