I made a choice it was WRONG!

13»

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Let's break it down now...

First this is the like to the nutrition to the COMBO: http://www.ihop.com/menus/main-menu/crepes/blackberry-sweet-cream-cheese-crepe-combo

Yes, you have options --- but that 1,440 includes those shown, otherwise it wouldn't say combo.
    Their plain crepes as in nothing, are 400 - 500 calories

For how many though? 3-4 plain crepes. Maybe.

If you look at that link you provided (below for anyone interested) at "Cheese Blintzes" under the crepe section, you will see that is 1210. That is for at least 2, so there is really no way your one stuffed crepe was 1,440.

ETA: I looked there are 3 blintze in a iHop portion!

http://www.ihop.com/-/media/ihop/PDFs/nutritionalinformation.ashx this shows all the items alone.
  • mcrane4
    mcrane4 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm actually going to IHOP for breakfast this morning so I looked up the nutritional info. Slim and fit menu items are pretty good a few under 350 calories. and the rest under 600
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Ok, last post here... but if you add up 2 eggs, 2 sausage, 2 bacon, and hashbrowns from the a la carte menu, it's 850 calories, 33 protein grams. If you divide the cheese blintzes by three, it's 403 calories and 10 protein per blintze. Add blueberry topping at 150 calories and you get 1403 calories and 43 grams of protein.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    No worries, we have all been there. Happy Birthday!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    1440 for a frickin crepe. Say it ain't so. I love crepes.
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Happens to all of us! Tomorrow is another day!
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    It happens to the best of us. That's why since I joined MFP I don't go out to eat unless I look it up first. But sometimes those surprises do happen, and when you're craving something it's easy to under-estimate and rationalize!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Happy Birthday to you :drinker:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Personally, I eat what I fancy if I eat out, as I do not eat out that often.
    I would find it not very healthy, to be fretting about the occasional meal out, if the rest of the time, the diet is healthy and well balanced.
    Also, I would find it a waste of money to be choosing things based on the calories, rather than on what I really fancied. But then, that is me. I eat well the rest of the time and keep active. Life is too short to be worrying about going over calories for 7-14 days out of 365, imo.
    I hope you enjoyed your meal, Op, it is just a day and will have no bearing whatsoever on your weight loss success.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Ok, last post here... but if you add up 2 eggs, 2 sausage, 2 bacon, and hashbrowns from the a la carte menu, it's 850 calories, 33 protein grams. If you divide the cheese blintzes by three, it's 403 calories and 10 protein per blintze. Add blueberry topping at 150 calories and you get 1403 calories and 43 grams of protein.
    Just loving the math-based proofs. :smile: By the way, I went to ihop yesterday with the specific intent of trying the blackberry crepe... It was glorious. I had a side of ham and eggs. Looking back, I wish I'd skipped the sides and just gotten a couple blackberry crepes.

Er. Mah. Gerd. It was glorious.
    sweet-jesus.gif
    I wanted to lick the plate when I was done.
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Happy Birthday!:flowerforyou:
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Lesson learned.

The most important thing is you recognize that you made a mistake and you are taking the steps to do the right thing next time, that is pretty darn awesome. I can not tell you how many people that would have said "screw it, I ruined my weekend so I will start over again on Monday".

You are starting over again with your next right choice, GOOD FOR YOU! :flowerforyou:
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Just one day, take note and move on.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Your birthday only comes once a year. You have learned from your mistake which is a huge step in the right direction.
    I'm willing to bet you will be fine since you have already been planning on a few extra calories for the week.

When I go out some place unexpectedly I will check MFP on my phone to see what things are Calorie wise.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    I haven't the time now to read the other responses, but I just wanted to say "Kudos" to you, O.P., for analyzing what happened and for coming to your realizations. I loved the line you wrote about choice in the absence of facts.

Good for you for taking an analytical approach to what happened and then setting a course of action (exercising a bit more in the short term and making more informed choices in the future).

Unfortunately, restaurant food can be such a minefield because restaurants tend to use a lot more fat and salt than most home cooks and so the calories and sodium of even a seemingly innocent crepe can really be outrageous.

Good luck with negotiating restaurant menus in the future!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Just loving the math-based proofs. :smile: By the way, I went to ihop yesterday with the specific intent of trying the blackberry crepe... It was glorious. I had a side of ham and eggs. Looking back, I wish I'd skipped the sides and just gotten a couple blackberry crepes.

Er. Mah. Gerd. It was glorious.
    sweet-jesus.gif
    I wanted to lick the plate when I was done.

Right? I have wanted to go get the cheese stuffed crepes but my best friend was all "I want Mexican food" and since it was his birthday...

Still waiting on my crepes.