I often feel super depressed after exercise.. why?

Options
13»

Replies

• sidlondon
    sidlondon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I never go to the gym if I can help it. I can't stand the place, especially when I'm already feeling bad about my appearance. I found using VR fitness games (boxing and dance ones) was much more fun as it tricks my brain into thinking it's somewhere else. I've also started to incorporate treadmill sessions (which was about the same price as two years gym membership) to break up the week and find I have to have upbeat music on while I jog/run otherwise I get seriously low mood swings during and after.

In regards to your knees, have you tried swimming rather than gym work? The water will take the stress off your joints. My mother has osteoarthritis and finds swimming is the best form of exercise for her.

As MegaMooseEsq pointed out, you should focus on the health benefits of exercise rather than appearance. You are lowering your risk for a bunch of different health issues. You only need to get moderate exercise, not the crazy stuff that some people do to get 'ripped'. Ignore how other people look. I have a sister who models and have met several others who look perfect on the outside, but most are a complete wreck emotionally and have insane lives that I don't envy at all. They place their entire self worth on their appearance and it never ends well.