Any else one using an exercise system?

Options
I'm getting myself back in to shape after 15 years of slacking off. I have a small to modest weight-loss goal, but a major goal of improving my cardiovascular fitness. I'm using adidas miCoach to help me with my workouts (stationary rowing mostly). Many of my friends use Nike+. What system are you using, if any?

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    um... Couch to 5k. Does that count? I usually do weights afterwards.
  • flattsfan22
    flattsfan22 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Chalean Extreme by Beachbody
  • CHeMoTaCTiC
    CHeMoTaCTiC Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Those definitely count. I was wondering more about electronic/technical systems that help you during your exercise, but any answers will do! Thanks.
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    my hubby /mate & i go 2 a 50+ fitness center, mon - fri. we w/o 2 1/2 3 hrs each day!! this fitness center has an upper walking deck, this is where the cardio/ strength area is 2. we do approx 20 - 30 cardio, then at least 4 strength excersises. we alternate every other day upper body, then lower !! then lastly we go swimming which is on the 1st floor. they have a vortex, that we walk around in the pool. ( walking backwards has more resistance ) we do laps; we do water arobics that we did when we were members of 24 hr fitness. on weds; we take an arobics class in the basketball area, with a trainer. he is good, we feel the pain when we r done...lol.!!! on the wkends, sum tymes we ride a regular bike in the park.... my bike has a perdometer on it, so i can track miles, cals, etc... & lastly; i wear a perdomer every day. i have 4 cheap 1's; but a friend told me bout omron.com; wonderful site!! this perdometer is 95 o/o accurate..... i am soooooooo glad i got it... i wear it mostly at work, ( i work 2 - 10 pm ) in a nursing/rehab center... i get my best tracking there.... lol... i adverage bout 12,000 steps +... bout 500+ cals, etc..... any way that is our program...... off this site i started my wt loss journey in jan. i have actually lost over 42 lbs; & approx 42 body inches.... gl on your journey!!!!!
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm on my first week of Insanity, and the nice thing about it is that it's major cardio and no extra equipment required. I use a Polar FT7 heart rate monitor to keep track of my heart rate (it takes your current, max, average etc and summarizes it at the end of the workout for you) and calories burned. It is intense but I feel like it will really improve my cardio and endurance. Hope this helps you out, best of luck!
  • CHeMoTaCTiC
    CHeMoTaCTiC Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the miCoach system from adidas has a heart rate monitor. It actually pairs to my rowing machine too so my rower can tell me my heart rate (proportional to the power I'm expending) real time. I love it, and am a huge fan of HR based training now. Your heart can't lie :) It's the truest teller of how hard your body is working.