I work in an Office, and losing weight is so hard!

Options
123457»

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    ... I feel during the weekend my calorie count is really small and my activity is high. It's just the five days in between that makes it difficult. I'm sure once the weather gets better and more walking becomes an option this won't be much of an issue.

I'm concerned that you "feel" your calorie count is lower on the weekends when you're more active. Log your food so you'll know for sure where the excess calories are coming from. That will give you a good basis to make changes. I'm making some assumptions about your workplace based on your location, and one is that you work in a building with several floors. Take the stairs from floor to floor several times a day, when you have a break, or need to use the loo. If your building doesn't have multiple floors, find a way to walk farther while you're up from your workstation. Count your steps or purchase a pedometer to count them for you. Log every bite and swallow. Move more. Good luck.
  • kazzsjourney2goal
    kazzsjourney2goal Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am a office worker...I eat well (bring my own lunches etc) and exercise in the evening. I have never viewed me working in a office as part of the issue.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Buy an under desk exercise bike. That way you can exercise and lose weight without making all the excuses about the inability to drive or the polar vortex or the cafe prices or the coworkers bringing in food or the commute. You can sit and pedal to your heart's content for your entire 8 hour workday.
  • jrwilliams124
    jrwilliams124 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't eat to excess and I ensure that I get exercise by taking long walks after work or on weekends. I've lost 14 pounds since Xmas by making very limited changes to my lifestyle - mainly in respect of cutting out grazing on high calorie sweets and drinks and replacing them with water. It's really not that much of a chore, it just takes a small degree of willpower and focus. Logging intake on MFP makes it very straightforward. If you 'cheat' then you are only cheating yourself and denying yourself the future and lifestyle that you are targeting.

This!!!!! I am learning this more and more every single day!!
  • paperalien
    paperalien Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I find walking down stairs to go to the toilet is a good way to get incidental exercise in. Although that only works for me because the toilets are next to the stairs so it is easy to just walk downstairs rather than going to the ones on my floor.