Frustrated doesn't even begin to cover it

Options

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I've been working out 5x/week and counting cals for 3 months and haven't lost a single friggin pound.. I'm starting to wonder if I should have my thyroid tested.
    same advice applies.
  • tiffanylindenmuth
    tiffanylindenmuth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Honestly research this a little more. When you start working out your muscles need to adjust. And they may swell and add lbs. Also, taking your weight everyday is actually the most accurate way to calculate your weight. Yes it can flucuate from day to day by a few lbs, but if you record your weight everyday and then figure out the average once a week THAT will be your most accuarte weight. There are so many other resources online you can find whenever you feel depressed about a weight loss stand still. You really do need to accurately record your intake also. You want to make sure your adding everything in, not just your calories. Sure, you can eat unhealthy and be under your calorie goal, but ridiculously over your fat, sugar, or salt. What good is that going to do after you meet your goals? AFter you lose the weight you need to adapt with HEALTHY eating habits that you can maintain MOST of the time. Meaning you eat healthy in general. It is ok to indulge sometimes. You should never completely refuse to eat "the good stuff" but you should limit how often. You want to cheat once a week? Then EARN that cheat! Instead of doing a 30 minute workout, do two 30 min. workouts and eat well the majority of the day and splurge on one meal. Don't cheat for a full day.

You have to figure out what works for you! Not one person on here is identical to you, so what works for them might not for you. Keep in mind that there are many things that can make it more difficult to lose weight, such as stress, unknown health issues, and hormones. Go to the doctor and tell him/her your weight loss goals and get some blood work done to ensure there aren't any unknown health issues you might be suffering from. But I will say if you just want temporary weight loss keep doing what you are doing, But if you want a life change....... you have to change the unhealthy eating habits....FOR GOOD. Making better choices, knowing when you're hungry vs. when you want to taste, and knowing how much to eat at once are all key to starting a new healthy life style. It's a life change NOT a diet!
  • luvmypuggle
    Options
    I am definitely not guessing when I do quick add. I can see where that could be assumed, but honestly I am tracking them in a legit manner. There is a way to track without logging everything individual, but I understand the point everyone is making.
  • luvmypuggle
    Options
    Thank you for the positive comments! I appreciate encouragement not being told how I am doing everything wrong.
  • luvmypuggle
    Options
    I have eaten fast food 3 times in 2 months with the exception of Subway which I eat often, so you are wrong there. On the weekends I may eat at a Logan's style place.
  • luvmypuggle
    Options
    mxmkenney glad to hear I am not alone. We will definitely push through this and end up with the results we want. Stay positive!
  • trogalicious
    Options
    I am definitely not guessing when I do quick add. I can see where that could be assumed, but honestly I am tracking them in a legit manner. There is a way to track without logging everything individual, but I understand the point everyone is making.
    are you actually WEIGHING your food?
  • luvmypuggle
    Options
    tiffanylinden thank you for being positive in your advice! You are so right. It is a lifestyle change. It takes time to get there, but eventually I will.
  • luvmypuggle
    Options
    Maybe your body at the weight it likes and needs to be at. How far are you from your goal weight? Just hang in there and keep pushing on. Healthy is the most important thing even though I know we like the scale to drop!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I have definitely found that eating out, whether at a restaurant, diner or fast food restaurant will tend to make my weight loss unpredictable (if not stall it altogether) due to the unreliable calorie counts.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Can we go back to your cheat days/meals? I know that in the past I've had to ditch the cheat meals as I get closer to goal because they A. come close to negating my deficit, especially with unpredictable restaurant food and B. cause all kinds of water weight fluctuations after each one, which makes it hard to see any downward trend that might be happening.
  • jaz141
    jaz141 Posts: 32
    Options
    Can someone explain how upping exercise can cause weight gain due to glycogen storage? Or point me to a source that will? I'm thinking maybe this is why I haven't lost as much weight since increasing my exercise amounts and would like to learn more. Thanks!
  • trogalicious
    Options
    are you actually WEIGHING your food?
    I'll try again... since we're all getting as frustrated by trying to help.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain how upping exercise can cause weight gain due to glycogen storage? Or point me to a source that will? I'm thinking maybe this is why I haven't lost as much weight since increasing my exercise amounts and would like to learn more. Thanks!

Would this be what you're looking for? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/83598-why-you-gain-when-starting-a-new-workout
  • kdeanosu
    kdeanosu Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • luvmypuggle
    Options
    I don't have a scale, so no. I thought I covered that in a previous post. Hamburger meat tells me how many calories are in a package. I just divide that up. The only other meat I really eat is chicken. If it doesn't tell me the ounces I just use the hand tricks they teach. Palm of hand, deck of cards kind of thing. I usually add an ounce or two just to be sure I am safe. I will get a scale soon.
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Two months of calorie reduction and one month of exercise and down 8 lbs. Ill trade you anytime. Just like you said "patience".
  • trogalicious
    Options
    I don't have a scale, so no. I thought I covered that in a previous post. Hamburger meat tells me how many calories are in a package. I just divide that up. The only other meat I really eat is chicken. If it doesn't tell me the ounces I just use the hand tricks they teach. Palm of hand, deck of cards kind of thing. I usually add an ounce or two just to be sure I am safe. I will get a scale soon.
    then you aren't accurately logging. Mystery solved.
  • Hitesc
    Hitesc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Lol to end this. Get a hrm with belt and watch, wear it for one day without exercising and there's the calories u burned. Now see if you are at a deficit.... I use my hrm all the time ... Cardio machines are usually off by a lot of calories, just putting it out there
  • Hitesc
    Hitesc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    And yes foodscAle....it's 15 bux from Walmart not a large investment