YOGA - any yogis here?

I just LOVE yoga. The way it makes me feel. Strong, centred, flexible and relaxed. Does anybody else have an absolute love for it?

Replies

• yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Count me in! Strong, centred, flexible and relaxed is exactly how I feel in my daily time on the mat and I love my yoga family from all over.
  • hellsbells3272
    hellsbells3272 Posts: 128 Member
    Hi! i love your avatar.
    I have an OM tattoo :)
    Going out to yoga in a few minutes. Second class of the day lol. The morning one was Les Mills Bodybalance which is a mixture of t'ai ch'i, pilates and yoga. A fab way to start a Monday.
    I do my own stretches and bends sometimes but never proper yoga vinyasas on my own.
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Addict here :D Have to do it nearly every day ( Sometimes I have to take a day off when i over stretch my bum lol) My new addiction is hand balances (bakasana/kakasana, arm pressure balances)
  • I started yoga a few months ago and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! :love: My back no longer hurts and I am toning up.
  • peterk1967
    peterk1967 Posts: 7 Member
    I do Bikram Yoga...I love the heat
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Been doing Yoga since 2nd grade with my mom (I'm now 35, but I don't feel like doing the math lol!!). I just love how flexible and calm it keeps me. When I really don't feel like working out I do Yoga and then, somehow my motivation returns.
  • bethanp
    bethanp Posts: 72 Member
    I'm a big fan. Recently found a new studio to practice at so getting into a new routine but when I first began my practice a few years ago, I was practicing 4 times a week on my lunch break at work.

I always leave class feeling better than when I walked in and I love that.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    I love yoga! I do it every night, it has really help out with my back pain and also helps me sleep better!! I've finally found a true passion!!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I want to do it. Where do I start?
  • hellsbells3272
    I do Bikram Yoga...I love the heat
    We don't have that around here that I know of. I do a type of astanga/vinyasa yoga once or twice week plus Bodybalance (Les Mills) once a week.
  • hellsbells3272
    It's probably best to find a class as the instructor and advice helps.
    If you can't find a class you just need a mat and a DVD - but I think that would be harder as a beginner as you won't be able to watch the DVD while upside down lol.
    You will have to research the different types of yoga too. Hatha yoga is more gentle but if you want something more energetic, astanga or power yoga are good. I don't know about other kinds, sorry.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    It's probably best to find a class as the instructor and advice helps.
    If you can't find a class you just need a mat and a DVD - but I think that would be harder as a beginner as you won't be able to watch the DVD while upside down lol.
    You will have to research the different types of yoga too. Hatha yoga is more gentle but if you want something more energetic, astanga or power yoga are good. I don't know about other kinds, sorry.

I need the one that would be the least strenuos on my knees. They are very unstable as I have no ACL's.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I have recently discovered yoga! I do it 2 days a week, I love it because I do it on my rest days from lifting weights and the stretching feels incredible.
  • Jersey_GirlSpins
    Jersey_GirlSpins Posts: 330 Member
    My gym has a yoga strength class that I'm going to try. My experience with yoga is limited, but I'm excited to start. Also recently added in Pilates. I'm a spin fanatic, but I realize I need more arm and core strength, in addition to added flexibility.

Starting next week because I'm away for work all week!
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Yoga is great.
  • LadyPinkMan
    LadyPinkMan Posts: 205 Member
    Doing since i was 4..... nothing energizes like a good session of yoga class
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    I did yoga every day from age 14 to age 35, when I became disabled. I have an awful time now because I can't get down to the floor and back up. It's not the same trying to do yoga in bed. I miss it, as I love yoga!
  • I just got back into yoga last week. It had been a few years; perfect timing for this thread. Each time I do it, I can't wait to do it again. As a kid (4 or 5), I used to watch "Lilias, Yoga, and You" on PBS. I didn't follow along with her until I was older, though, hahaha.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    I just LOVE yoga. The way it makes me feel. Strong, centred, flexible and relaxed. Does anybody else have an absolute love for it?

I love Yoga. I'm not super knowledgeable about all the poses and stuff, but I do flow yoga and my sun salutations regularly, and I love how it both strengthens and stretches!
  • rhalse
    rhalse Posts: 32 Member
    I love yoga too. I don't do it as much as I'd like to, but I attribute a lot of my success to yoga. It should definitely be included in everyone's workout week.