Logging Bad Food

Options

Replies

• Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    .... it just seems like it makes it easier to eat that same bad food again.

embarrased.gif

Oh, logic, how sorely you are missed.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

embarrased.gif

Because, snot makes the best hair gel.
  • MsMaryMac48
    MsMaryMac48 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think the original writer was talking about bad food as in heavy in calories, cupcake. I log in everything I put in my mouth. I had one bad day where the numbers were in RED. It was the day that I did not pre-plan like I usually do each day. It will not happen again. With the visual help, I am able to know that I am going over my daily allotted totals. Good luck everyone!

Heheh. My numbers are quite often RED. Honestly, it's the weekly surplus or deficit that really matters, so don't freak out too much about going over from time to time.

I typically only log in my exercise if my numbers are red. Otherwise I just consider the exercise a bonus toward my goal. If I eat more than normal I will log in my exercise just to keep me in the green. If I still go in the red.... it's a bad day.

46733158.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    To me, it seems counterproductive to not log everything. I want to see when I mess up and own up to it. although like many have already said, I don't feel there are any bad foods. Just ones I have to eat less of.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options

embarrased.gif

Oh, logic, how sorely you are missed.

I think when it comes to weight loss issues, which a lot of folks here seem to have, logic doesn't really apply as the issues tend to be more emotional/psychological. Like I said above, if I don't log it, I didn't eat it. Logically I know this isn't true and if I REALLY try I can lose weight without tracking. I can't be the only one with this "logic" though, otherwise the internet would not be full of calorie counters (both people and websites/apps).
  • cinnamon0033
    cinnamon0033 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point of doing this diary if we are just going to cheat ourselves. Not logging in your daily intake whether good or bad is fooling yourself and others. I cant speak for anyone else but I often go to my friends diaries to see what they are eating in the hopes of finding something new. I can not say that I have changed what I eat as much as I have changed the portions. I still have pizza, pasta, potato, and sweets on occasion. I don't believe that you have to eat just salad and yogurt to be successful at losing weight. I have lost 44 lbs. so far so I must be doing something right. If I want something more than my normal, I make myself work for it by working around the house, walking, or exercising.
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    For me, it makes me more aware of my bad choices so I make better ones the next time. But I do not think any food is bad. I eat what I want, I just make sure it fits into my daily macros.
  • Lambi94
    Options
    Its ok to eat bad food in moderation, as long as you work it off in the end!
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I log my bad days so that when I press the complete button it will tell me what a fatty I will be in 5 weeks if I ate like that daily. Motivates me to not overeat too often... It still happens though ;)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

embarrased.gif

What is the point of logging anything if you're not going to log everything? You need to at least be honest with yourself.

And please tell me what is the 'bad food' you think you ate? Just make sure you don't go over your calorie goals.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point of doing this diary if we are just going to cheat ourselves. Not logging in your daily intake whether good or bad is fooling yourself and others. I cant speak for anyone else but I often go to my friends diaries to see what they are eating in the hopes of finding something new. I can not say that I have changed what I eat as much as I have changed the portions. I still have pizza, pasta, potato, and sweets on occasion. I don't believe that you have to eat just salad and yogurt to be successful at losing weight. I have lost 44 lbs. so far so I must be doing something right. If I want something more than my normal, I make myself work for it by working around the house, walking, or exercising.

Solid noob post. For realz. You get it, nice job!
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Log it all - always - it is a rule. Read the fine print.

34gtsme.jpg
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    What is "bad" food? Something that tastes bad? If it tastes bad then I'm more likely to never eat it again rather than make it easier.

I log everything. If I'm not keeping an accurate food diary then what's the point of doing it at all?
  • MiraclePowertv
    Options
    haha. I'm not suggesting not logging something. All I'm suggesting is that logging it puts it into your food database. Which means when you tap that same meal tomorrow, that same food pops up in the options. Therefore it would be easier to eat the same thing (as far as logging everything goes) then it would be to find a different food that you have not logged before because something new would not be in your database.
  • MiraclePowertv
    Options
    oh and by the way, I really don't believe in bad food either. But I do believe that eating a lot of high calorie, high carbohydrate foods is a bad idea, especially if you're trying to lose weight.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    oh and by the way, I really don't believe in bad food either. But I do believe that eating a lot of high calorie, high carbohydrate foods is a bad idea, especially if you're trying to lose weight.

I know of several people here who have lost a lot of weight eating a lot of carbs. As long as it fits your daily calorie/macro goal, and you don't have a medical issue that requires you to limit certain foods, then you should eat what you want. Right?
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options

Sure does! Lets me see just how "bad" it is, and work the rest of my day around it. 200g of mint chip ice cream? Totally worth it, and now that I'm tracking all my foods, I'm always sure to have room for my treats.

Wait, was that not what you were getting at?
  • MiraclePowertv
    Options
    Okay well, my personal macro goal does not call for an excessive amount of carbs. and like Forrest Gump would say, "And that's all I have to say about that."
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    there's no such thing as 'bad'. just 'too much'.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    My head hurts.