Logging Bad Food

Options

Replies

• EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Honestly don't get the idea of bad food. Unless you mean, like, pickles or cauliflower.

See this is where the idea of "bad food" is subjective; I happen to like pickles and cauliflower. Whereas to me bad food would be anything containing cinnamon!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Log it all baby or this exercise is pointless. It also reminds you to cut down o. The cavier.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Honestly don't get the idea of bad food. Unless you mean, like, pickles or cauliflower.

See this is where the idea of "bad food" is subjective; I happen to like pickles and cauliflower. Whereas to me bad food would be anything containing cinnamon!

a24b6277a8d93262a1d3d84d1192f323.jpg
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

No, pickles are simply bad. This is a matter of public record.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

The correct answer is saurkraut .
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options

No, pickles are simply bad. This is a matter of public record.

Pickles awesome - tomatoes BAD!!!! :sick:
  • rick5957
    rick5957 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Log it all and at the end of the day after your exercise you'll see what your daily calorie count would have been with out the junk food and it'll motivate you to not eat said food in the future
  • happysummerrunner
    happysummerrunner Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I understand what you mean about it showing up in your food diary first under "recent" and that it'll make you want it again (that's what I think you meant).. Have you tried pre-planning your food for the next day? That might help. Moves the food down the list and you already have a plan for a healthy meal.

Keep logging that bad food. And IMHO let yourself eat it! (IIFYM)
  • justalittlecrazy
    justalittlecrazy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I figure I can hide it from the daily log but I can't hide it from the scale, where it really counts. For me, it helps when I find I've been really hungry that week to look back and see why- which typically something to do with using tons of calories on chocolate and cookies!
  • MatthewNSW
    Options
    So if a Snickers bar falls in the forest and you eat it and there's nobody to see that Snickers bar topple, does it make a sound as you log it/don't log it?
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I recommend a good filing system. Then you can see if you need to re-organize :drinker:

315fnzr.jpg
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    For losing weight, there is no such thing as "bad food"

When you log something (or at least when you review your log at the end of the day), you just ask yourself "was that worth the hit to my alloted calories?" If so, great -- just make room for it. If not, you'll know better next time.

This.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    haha. I'm not suggesting not logging something. All I'm suggesting is that logging it puts it into your food database. Which means when you tap that same meal tomorrow, that same food pops up in the options. Therefore it would be easier to eat the same thing (as far as logging everything goes) then it would be to find a different food that you have not logged before because something new would not be in your database.

Don't be silly. If you didn't like something consumed previously, then don't tap that again! (This holds true for lots of things you may have tapped and then deeply regretted the next day.) Seeing it in your DB doesn't condemn you to the same horrid fate another day. The entries in your "recent" list are fleeting anyway - eventually other foods will scroll the "badness" into oblivion. Problem solved.
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    No bad foods. Just foods you eat less frequently in order to hit your macros. And always log, even if you occasionally indulge.

^ This. I agree completely, if you don't log you can pretend you didn't eat the indulgent food, then you end up hitting one of those plateau where "you're doing everything right but not losing weight". Log everything, then at least you can review your food intake accurately.
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Sometimes on Saturday I'll have what I want and seeing all those calories makes it plain as day why I got so fat.
  • TripZeros
    TripZeros Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat!
    Oh, and I love me some cupcakes... :heart:

Seriously though, I got fat from me not being able to control my eating habits. I LOVE all things that are food. I bake a lot, and I cook a lot. Logging helps me eat anything I desire, but gives me a limit. I need that limit to know when it's time to stop and to know what I'm lacking (in macros). I eat smarter, but I still eat whatever I want.
  • MiraclePowertv
    Options
    really the problem I have with macros is what I'm experiencing this morning. I've had a bowl of raisin bran had a bowl of ramen noodles and I'm already 10 grams over my carbs. I have almost 900 calories remaining to eat and I'm a long way off from my protein requirement. So there's no way I'm not going to completely destroyed my carb intake today.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    The lesson here is not to have two extremely carb heavy meals to start the day.

Plan better.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Plan better.

^This.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options

Plan better.

^This.

Yup.

And you wouldn't know you were going to be off by so much... if you didn't track -all- of your foods. It's a learning curve.