Why am I not loosing weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Have you measured inches? Muscle weighs more than fat so you may actually be losing fat but putting on muscle. When I start weight training hard I always gain 3-4 pounds before loosing any even if I lose inches.
    ..no.

If your going to say no give n explanation!!
    Because I agree as I gained muscle and weight didn't move in first 2 weeks!

IXUO5zJ.gif
    No, you didn't.
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Have you measured inches? Muscle weighs more than fat so you may actually be losing fat but putting on muscle. When I start weight training hard I always gain 3-4 pounds before loosing any even if I lose inches.
    ..no.

You can't gain any remarkable amount of muscle in a calorie deficit. It's not easy to gain muscle mass, especially if you're a woman, especially 3 - 4 pounds worth. You can gain strength and muscle endurance without gaining actual muscle.

When you start a new exercise program, your muscles will likely store water while they repair themselves. Water is heavy and can easily account for a temporary gain of a few pounds.

smart, polite, AND pretty! :drinker:
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    ..no.

IXUO5zJ.gif
    No, you didn't.

Sir, my first forum post goes to you to simply say your beard is amazing. I salute you.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    This is inaccurate inaccurate information Muscle does not weight more than fat, it just takes up less space, and muscle does not actually replace the fat.

I've never put on weight with lifting, and I lift pretty heavy.
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    This is inaccurate inaccurate information Muscle does not weight more than fat, it just takes up less space, and muscle does not actually replace the fat.

I've never put on weight with lifting, and I lift pretty heavy.

Muscle is more dense than other tissue types. So in the same space, yes, it is heavier.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    ..no.

You can't gain any remarkable amount of muscle in a calorie deficit. It's not easy to gain muscle mass, especially if you're a woman, especially 3 - 4 pounds worth. You can gain strength and muscle endurance without gaining actual muscle.

When you start a new exercise program, your muscles will likely store water while they repair themselves. Water is heavy and can easily account for a temporary gain of a few pounds.

....Yep....

The reason weight didn't move in 2 weeks and other poster's 3-4 lb gain was mostly water retention. And 3-4 lbs of muscle gain, for a professional female body builder, would take probably somewhere in the neighborhood of a year.