Girls how big are your calves

Options
12346»

Replies

• meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and they're almost 16"...they've always been big and muscley. I blame it on having been a dancer...and the fact that I've walked everywhere I need to go since the dawn of time.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and I take measurements every Friday. My calves are 15.5" and I LOOOVE them. I've always had muscular legs, i can see the splits in my muscles through my skin. Muscular legs are more beautiful than skinny legs IMO.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    16" solid though...wow apparently i've lost an inch since i have not been hiking over the winter. i am sure they will be going back up now that the weather is warming up.
  • Dalker
    Dalker Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    13" at 5'0. I think they look far too small as I have short legs and big thighs. Can't wear leggings or skinny jeans because the dramatic taper looks weird. Straight leg jeans help balance it out.
  • chickenpie
    chickenpie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    mahoosive.. i hate them, they're genetic in our female side of the family..... but even worse my ankles are large too so all round rubbish. i can take the boot problem but little summer dresses and skirts always get to me as well as the family leg jokes :(

but i've never seriously tried to tone up & lose some weight until this year, and so far they have reduced a little since doing 30DS and now half way through RI30, so am hoping for bit more

whilst i hate them & have accepted i'll never wear girly summer skirts, i'm grateful i do have them and they're pretty darn functional having got me through x6 50mile duathlons over the years.. and everything else life throws at us!

:)
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I was JUST about to post a topic about this!
    I'm 5'8" and have 16.5" calves

Still way too insecure to wear short shorts (especially since my thighs love being next to each other). How do I get over this?!?! I really do get looks when I wear short dresses and I don't think those looks are good ones!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    5'1, 107lbs, 14 inches. Used to b 18,5 inches before I lost weight, so I'm very pleased they've gone down as much as they have!