Smells you hate but everyone else loves!

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Babies.

Seriously, people, they either smell like soap or they smell like spit up and poop. What is to love about that?!
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    When I was pregnant, the smell of bacon made me run straight for the porcelain throne.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Baby oil and baby powder. Can. Not. STAND.
    Other women coo, "Oooooooh... I just LOOOVE the smell of newborn babies!!!"
    I'm more like, "There's a baby under all that gag-inducing perfume-y crap? Where? Where?"

When they put a baby oil-scented wristband on me at the hospital after all the other post-delivery violations, I practically chewed my arm off to get it away from me. Gaaaah! :sick:

ETA: Also dryer sheets, and that super-sharp, cheap soap that college guys use -- I think it may be Irish Spring. I mean, it smells better than unwashed college guy, but whoa, why so much?
  • Cooking pinto beans UGH. I used to wake up on a Sunday morning and my mom would be cooking them for lunch and the whole house reeeeeeks. It's like, I wanna wake up to bacon and eggs, not pinto beans.

Love most coffee but they brew one here at work EVERYDAY at 3 pm and it smells like amaretto and cherries. GAG.

LOVE anything coconut, tanning lotion, and vanilla as long as it's not the sickly sweet vanilla.... more of the vanilla and brown sugar from BBW.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Cool Water cologne.

Smells like a puked-in bathroom sprayed down with Lysol and NOT wiped. And guys at my gym BATHE in this crap before working out.
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Tequila the next day............
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    black licorice
    tinned fish
    cigarettes
    turkish delight
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Cool Water cologne.

Smells like a puked-in bathroom sprayed down with Lysol and NOT wiped. And guys at my gym BATHE in this crap before working out.

Sounds like the soap they put in the dispensers at hubby's previous gym.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    pumpkin spice

When I roasted coffee for a living, every fall would see this madness start. Hundreds of thousands of pounds of this with it's sickly elf vomit stench sticking to your clothes and following you home....I don't like it.

Mmmmmmm......pumpkin spice...........

I used to work in a coffee shop years ago and it took me a long time to appreciate the smell of coffee again.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Also Patchouli

You're just against hippies. And hacky-sackers. Wait, was that redundant? :tongue:

Lol you just described my entire crew from college, but you left out drum circles. :laugh:
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    pumpkin spice

When I roasted coffee for a living, every fall would see this madness start. Hundreds of thousands of pounds of this with it's sickly elf vomit stench sticking to your clothes and following you home....I don't like it.

I used to work in a coffee shop years ago and it took me a long time to appreciate the smell of coffee again.

I used to work in a coffee shop ages ago and it never dampened my love for the stuff. I was always a raging javaholic. As well as my time waiting tables in an italian restaurant- always loved italian food.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    your mom :tongue:

Oh you!
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Sauteed mushrooms.
  • pinkvici
    pinkvici Posts: 140 Member
    Lemons...the smell makes me gag but everyone else I know loves it!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    cadavers.

mild decay of flesh.
    Yeah I don't really like the odor until it's heavy decay. Wait, did I say that out loud? :ohwell:

What's neat is when it's in the early stages and it's that sweetly sick mix of parmesan nuttiness and urea. That's how my basement smells right now. :)
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Coffee.
    When I was pregnant it would actually make me gag.
    Now, I just dislike it.

(And of course the smell of tobacco smoke or the smell of a smoker are both disgusting, but I doubt that comes under the heading of "something everyone else loves".)
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Coffee. Curious that I used to LOVE coffee when I was elementary school age (sugar and creme) but can't stand the taste of coffee-anything now! I can tolerate the smell of coffee but I do quick-step past the grinder in the grocery store.

I used to be able to tolerate light cigarette smoke (e.g. hanging out at a pool hall, arcade, etc.) but not anymore. Stay away!!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    cadavers.
    mild decay of flesh.
    Yeah I don't really like the odor until it's heavy decay. Wait, did I say that out loud? :ohwell:
    What's neat is when it's in the early stages and it's that sweetly sick mix of parmesan nuttiness and urea.
    That's how my basement smells right now. :)
    Do we even want to ask _why_ your basement smells like a freshly-decomposing cadaver?
    (And cadaver of what?)
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    dove soap
    mushrooms

both make me dry heave.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    pumpkin spice

I used to work in a coffee shop ages ago and it never dampened my love for the stuff. I was always a raging javaholic. As well as my time waiting tables in an italian restaurant- always loved italian food.

When I think back to those times, I can remember pouring hundreds of pounds into a giant mixer, then grabbing the pitcher of flavor and holding my breath, because as soon as it hits the hot beans, there is a mushroom cloud of yuck smelling steam that just covers you for the next few minutes until your done. Wash, rinse, repeat every 15-20 minutes for the next 9 hours. Sometimes it could take us a couple weeks to finish a run.