Cried for 30 minutes

Options
Went away on vacation and had a great time with some friends. Felt uneasy about pictures being tagged on facebook, but I'm pretty confident, despite my weight, because there's a lot more to me than how I look... so I was hopeful that all would be fine, felt like my friends would understand what I've been going through. Well, I come home and have a message from a friend of many years, who I haven't seen in a while, but who matters a lot to me. He said just this: "What happened to Corina? Did you eat her?!" And I cried for about 30 minutes. It hurt a lot.

Replies

• kethra
    kethra Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. Sometimes people don't consider what they say before they say it.

Don't let it discourage you. Let it become part of your motivation and drive to make him eat his words!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    well that would be the last contact with that so called friend. what an awful comment.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    well that would be the last contact with that so called friend. what an awful comment.

Agreed. You don't need people like that in your life.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    remove her from facebook, she obviously isn't your friend to say something so mean....no one should ever poke fun at someones weight....its just not right.

that or she is jealous and is probably bigger then you and is making you feel bad for your success =)

*hugs*
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

+1
  • valentine4
    valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    What a horrible nasty person. You don't need 'friends' like that.

Remove her from your fb, karma will look after her :) and do as others mentioned and use her comment as motivation.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that is a terribly friend :( don't let it break down your confidence. Delete that frenemy from facebook and if/when she asks why tell her how completely insensitive and discouraging her message was. Your "friend" is a jerk.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I hope you had a good holiday - ignore -ve comments; after all, it may prove easier for you to lose weight than for your 'friend' to learn good manners! Turn those tears into something +ve and motivational.
  • 2boys111
    2boys111 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is a terribly hurtful thing to say. They aren't a friend to you.

It takes courage to be ok with being in pictures when you aren't feeling your best. I'm proud of you that you were enjoying your time with your friends and living your life. You are a good person. Your worth isn't measured by your weight struggles. You have wonderful qualities whether you are 130 pounds or 500 pounds. You deserve to have a healthy lifestyle for all the benefits for you.

I just had to go to my son's school for an event and I hated my outfit, felt uncomfortable, unfashionable etc. But I concentrate on my love for being here to see his play. But I was uncomfortable and couldn't wait til I could get home. So I know. It's hard.

So seriously forget that jackas* friend. Don't let them get you down. Keep living, keep smiling. *hugs*
  • tamzinb10
    tamzinb10 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

This.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    A lot of people say / write things before thinking about it.

I would have replied back with a few f-bombs.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options

+2

Rude! Some people have verbal diarrhea.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    This really makes me mad and I don't know you or him.

I would totally call him out on it or just defriend him.

But YOU said that YOU are confident so forget what he said. Do what you need to do to be happy for you. When you get to your goal he'll be eating his words and that will give you so much satisfaction.

Unfortunately that goes down in my book as one of the cruelest things I've ever heard a friend say.

Sorry!! Don't let it ruin your day or yourself.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    What a horrid thing to say! I'm sorry this person was in your life. You deserve better :flowerforyou:
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Omg!!! I would delete that rude person.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Just remember, that comment tells more about him than it could ever say about you. What a jerk.
  • gdurham2014
    gdurham2014 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    go kick her *kitten*, it will be good exercise, I'm sure a good *kitten* whooping will burn quite a lot of calories
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Bridges are a lot easier to burn than to build.

Before you take him and toss him into the vast ocean of your justified anger, maybe let him know he upset you. There have been too many times when I have shot from the hip with something realizing too late that what I said had the opposite effect of my intention. If he responds to you with attitude, then yeah, into the fiery lake, but if you all had a relationship with some value I would hesitate before lighting the match. Just my humble opinion.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Went away on vacation and had a great time with some friends. Felt uneasy about pictures being tagged on facebook, but I'm pretty confident, despite my weight, because there's a lot more to me than how I look... so I was hopeful that all would be fine, felt like my friends would understand what I've been going through. Well, I come home and have a message from a friend of many years, who I haven't seen in a while, but who matters a lot to me. He said just this: "What happened to Corina? Did you eat her?!" And I cried for about 30 minutes. It hurt a lot.

the proper response to that person is "F**K YOU"